Is this a normal wear and tear ?

Bettinas

Feb 10, 2013
So my friend showed me her speedy ebene today that she got less than one year ago, she has been using it almost everyday.
I was in chock when I saw the handles and she asked me if I could ask you TPFs if this has happened to your speedy or any other ebene bag ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 334
Yes, it looks like it's from lotion or santizer. If it is, it's normal wear and tear. (Not a defect) she can try putting brown shoe leather polish on it. You can get it at Target or Walmart. I use it to polish corner scuffs on my ebene pieces.

So my friend showed me her speedy ebene today that she got less than one year ago, she has been using it almost everyday.
I was in chock when I saw the handles and she asked me if I could ask you TPFs if this has happened to your speedy or any other ebene bag ?

I have an alma bb with the same style handles, which I used everyday for 4 months straight.. but my handles do not look like that.
I think you should tell your friend to take in to LV and inquire.
HTH

There's an "urban myth" about hand sanitizers I've heard from dr's so basically your just rolling around dirt on your hands into your skin along with the sanitizer...It kinda makes sense. Your better off carrying wipes atleast you toss them after your finished if your out and about and can't get to soap and water..

Yup, it's normal based on the habits of the user. (Oils in the hands, sweat, lotion and etc.)

The best way to avoid this is not to hand carry the bag, or limit it. My bag from 2011 looks perfect and I only carry it in the crook of my arm.

She can definitely pay for new handles to make it like new!