Is this a normal Garda interior?

izumi1460

Jan 15, 2013
Hi everyone,
I was super happy to receive this beautiful small Aqua Garda this very morning, but after touching around the bag for a few mins I was dismayed to find a large liner bump at the bottom side of the bag where the stitches are. Because I don't have time to go to the local boutique to check if the other mini Gardas have the same bump or not, I though to seek information from everyone in the forum. If it is not normal then I would have to return this beauty.... Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 300
Where all the seams come together? The thickness of the suede and whatever else was stitched to hold things together. This would be a normal part of the fabrication. Was this a pre-owned bag or new purchase?

Where all the seams come together? The thickness of the suede and whatever else was stitched to hold things together. This would be a normal part of the fabrication. Was this a pre-owned bag or new purchase?

It feels like the outer layer seam finished but not flattened. This was a new item purchased from Reebonz. Just now I tried to pull up the inner layer, it was fixed at the seam.

I have exactly the same bag and mine is the same as yours - I hadn't noticed it before. The bump/seam is only pronounced on one end.

Yes yes, the other end was made beautifully. Because of this I double checked the interior of my Rete tote and it was fine all around. That's why I was rather concerned.

It feels like the outer layer seam finished but not flattened. This was a new item purchased from Reebonz. Just now I tried to pull up the inner layer, it was fixed at the seam.
Mine is the same. It was purchased from a BV store, so no question re authenticity. No idea if this is typical of Gardas or if it's just an anomaly with the aqua (or if we both just got unlucky).

Mine is the same. It was purchased from a BV store, so no question re authenticity. No idea if this is typical of Gardas or if it's just an anomaly with the aqua (or if we both just got unlucky).

Hope this is typical of mini Gardas. My local Boutique doesn't have mini Garda in this color and I don't feel like waiting for them to relocate their stock. :panic:

I just checked my New Sand larger size Garda and I have ‘lumps’ under the lining at both ends. They run the width of the bag and feel like it’s about a 1/3 inch bump/lump.
But it’s right where the base leather is tucked into the sides of the bag so it make sense why it’s there. That’s an awful lot of leather being folded in on itself.
So I’d guess it’s normal. That said, it’s your bag and your experience and BV is far too expensive to have doubts (especially new and paying full retail). So if the bump bothers you, better to return it.

Thank you indiaink, kmdsyd and grietje for your help!
After thinking about it for the past few days, I've decided to keep it. Since, 1) I use organizers for my bags, the lump doesn't really affect the use; 2) the color is so pretty (been constantly modeling it in front of a mirror); and 3) love the Garda (first one!).
Now looking forward to take it out for a spin soon!

Even though it is called a seamless tote because it is not all handwoven like the cabat there has to be a seam somewhere
Seems that they utilized the one seam to stitch into it the lining and the bag seam and that is why it feels “thick”

Thank you Septembersiren. Today got a chance to go to the boutique. The current mini Gardas on display have the interior changed a bit, the inner open pocket is much larger than before and they distributed the seam from only one side to two sides like Grietje's Garda. The sales said it changed this season. :panic:But non the less, I'm now very happy with my Aqua Garda plus a newly acquired WoC today :graucho:

Last edited: