is this a no-no?

abbyroad

consider it revealed
O.G.
Jan 26, 2006
Can I wear white to a wedding? It won't be anything at all similar to a wedding dress. I just have a black-tie optional wedding to go to at the end of the summer and all the cute dresses I keep seeing are WHITE! :Push: What about a little white sequined shift dress with black tights? Or is white to a wedding just a huge no-no?

I guess I can respect that, Ginger. I certainly wouldn't want to upset the bride! My wedding was 2 years ago and I can't remember what anyone wore :wtf: Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

I personally would not wear white to a wedding, but I have seen other women wearing white dresses at weddings. I remember once commenting to a friend about someone's white dress and she shrugged and was like "why not?". Not everyone thinks its in poor taste, but I think to be on the safe side perhaps choose another color?

I think wearing white to weddings is still a faux pas. I would go for something pastel or black and leave the bride as the only person in white.

Thanks, everyone. I was kind of hoping I'd post the question and then everyone would say "nah, don't worry about it!" but I guess that's not really the case.:shrugs: I still have a few more weeks to find a dress so I'm not too worried yet...

I did not wear white to my wedding!! I had a few friends that did...Things like that just do not bother me. You are right..there are sooooooooooooooooo many cute white dresses out there. I think ti would be fine! Its not like you are going to have on a wedding gown! KWIM!

maybe you could find something with white in it, and that would be fine, but no, i would stay away from an all white dress. you don't want to be the center of attention, it is the bride's day.