Is this a new red -- rouge "eccentric"(?)

It's always nice to see new colours.

To play devil's advodate, Rouge Garance > Madder Red .... is it possible that due to translation, "Madder" has also been interpreted as "Eccentric"?

It's always nice to see new colours.

To play devil's advodate, Rouge Garance > Madder Red .... is it possible that due to translation, "Madder" has also been interpreted as "Eccentric"?

I think this is the most likely explanation: I don't think H would come out with another new red so soon after introducing Rouge Garance.....

I agree. I think the best explanation is the difficulty in translating an old French word 'garance' into an English botanical term 'madder' which could easily be misconstrued as meaning something to do with being a bit odd into Japanese. Certainly the colour in the picture looks like Rouge Garrance.

Ladies, I totally agree that the color looks just like rouge garance and felt that Mrs. Sparkles explanation made sense. :yes::yes:

However, I just came back from Mika's store and Mika told me that this rouge eccentrique (however it is spelled) is a different color than rouge garance. Although she agrees that they are very similar looking.

On another red related issue, I pointed out the rouge vif (in vache liagee -- a combo I have never heard/seen of based on my very limited knowlege/experience) Birkin in the window and asked her whether rouge vif is still in active production. Her reponse was "yes, in fact we just sold a rouge vif togo the other day"..

Well, I am confused. :wacko::shrugs:

A bit off the topic, they had a 30 fushica pink, chevre Birkin --- it was priced around 1,600,000 yen. The reason for this high price is that it was SO -- it had a red (I think vermillion) lining along with the matching red clochette. Beautiful, but not worth the price IMO. For that price, better apply it to an ostrich...