Is this a medium or a large?

Hullo!

I recently scored a Chyc Cabas during a Bluefly sale for $640. The price was unbelievable, and I just had to snap it up.

The problem though, is that I'm unable to distinguish whether it's a Medium or a Large. The retail price specified on the Bluefly page suggests it's a medium, but the dimensions coincide with those of the large. I was wondering whether anyone who knows these bags better than I do can tell me what they think it is. And furthermore whether there are any discernible differences between the medium and the large, dimensions notwithstanding. Because if it's a medium, then I would'v got 67% off retail, and if it turns out to be a large, I'd have got 70% off retail.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 626
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 626
Hullo!

I recently scored a Chyc Cabas during a Bluefly sale for $640. The price was unbelievable, and I just had to snap it up.

The problem though, is that I'm unable to distinguish whether it's a Medium or a Large. The retail price specified on the Bluefly page suggests it's a medium, but the dimensions coincide with those of the large. I was wondering whether anyone who knows these bags better than I do can tell me what they think it is. And furthermore whether there are any discernible differences between the medium and the large, dimensions notwithstanding. Because if it's a medium, then I would'v got 67% off retail, and if it turns out to be a large, I'd have got 70% off retail.

Cheers.

see the last post about dimensions here

http://forum.purseblog.com/ysl-refe...cabas-tote-bags-here-719420.html#post22643742

and compare precisely with your bag

super deal in ANY case !!!! CONGRATS !!!:woot::yahoo:

Hullo!

Cheers.

wow! great deal! May I know what color it is?

Hullo!

Cheers.

If it measures up large, then it just might be a large.

All in all - $640!!!!! Gurrrrl, medium or large, you got a fantastic deal. Enjoy your beautiful bag in good health! :biggrin:

Cheers for all the responses.

I think it's a Large, but I suppose I'll never know unless I see another one in person. Am heading to Barneys tomorrow anyway, as I need to do a bit of scent sniffing, so I reckon I'll just pop round to Saks or Neimans to compare the bags in person, lol.

Cheers for all the responses.

I think it's a Large, but I suppose I'll never know unless I see another one in person. Am heading to Barneys tomorrow anyway, as I need to do a bit of scent sniffing, so I reckon I'll just pop round to Saks or Neimans to compare the bags in person, lol.

Do you hav it with you ? The measuremets are so different that it would be just easy to measure and see ? The height will decide for certain, there is a huge difference between 10.5" and 12.5 "

MEDIUM: •Dimensions: 14" x 10.5" x 7.5", Drop 4.5"

LARGE: •Dimensions: 15.5" x 12.5" x 8", Drop 5"

Do you hav it with you ? The measuremets are so different that it would be just easy to measure and see ? The height will decide for certain, there is a huge difference between 10.5" and 12.5 "

MEDIUM: •Dimensions: 14" x 10.5" x 7.5", Drop 4.5"

LARGE: •Dimensions: 15.5" x 12.5" x 8", Drop 5"

Cheers for the dimensions. I went round to NM today anyway, and it's a Large.

I carried it today for the first time, and totally fell in love with it. I never intended to get myself a Chyc and hadn't even seen it in person before I received mine, but the price was just too good I couldn't pass it up. :biggrin:

when did you purchase this great deal?! Was there a special sale?

I got it from Bluefly. Bluefly routinely put their stuff on sale - and incidentally there's a sale happening now as well - but they usually don't offer anything more than 35%.

I was just incredibly lucky, because owing to a technical glitch, the bag was marked at $9999 and then they were offering a discount of 93%. It was only ever a technical glitch they'd have sorted in a matter of hours if the bag hadn't been snapped up by then. There were, in fact, THREE YSL bags they'd marked incorrectly. Two Chycs and an oversized Muse, all of which were marked at $680 or in the same ballpark. They managed to correct the error soon enough though, albeit the bags had been snapped up by then.

Still, if you're looking for good deals, I'd keep my eyes peeled for the Bluefly Sales. They happen quite regularly - like about three or four times every month - and if you subscribe to their newsletters, you can keep abreast of their offers.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 510
  • 2.png
    2.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 504
  • 3.png
    3.png
    125 KB · Views: 501
I got it from Bluefly. Bluefly routinely put their stuff on sale - and incidentally there's a sale happening now as well - but they usually don't offer anything more than 35%.

I was just incredibly lucky, because owing to a technical glitch, the bag was marked at $9999 and then they were offering a discount of 93%. It was only ever a technical glitch they'd have sorted in a matter of hours if the bag hadn't been snapped up by then. There were, in fact, THREE YSL bags they'd marked incorrectly. Two Chycs and an oversized Muse, all of which were marked at $680 or in the same ballpark. They managed to correct the error soon enough though, albeit the bags had been snapped up by then.

Still, if you're looking for good deals, I'd keep my eyes peeled for the Bluefly Sales. They happen quite regularly - like about three or four times every month - and if you subscribe to their newsletters, you can keep abreast of their offers.

Why can't I ever be this lucky? I paid full price for mine!!! No regrets though!

excellent purchase! I saw the sale, and this bag was sold out. Also glad to hear that the bag actually existed at this price on this site. Sometimes I see an item sold out for an absolutely awesome price and wonder if it really happened. Wonderful for you :biggrin:

I wish I could get so lucky. I bought the medium, red, Cabas Chyc a few weeks ago and had to pay the retail price as red is nearly impossible to find. I ended up having to get it at the YSL boutique. But, at least I got lucky, on Bluefly, the other day and snapped up the gray, Cabas Muse 2 tote bag for 44% off. I'm waiting for its arrival. So, since I got 44% off on that one, it makes it a bit easier to deal with paying retail for the red Cabas Chyc. You win some, you lose some.