Is this a "Lowball" offer from the buyer? Should I accept/decline it?

I cannot even imagine doing this, but I've read about it enough times here to know it's a thing.

It sure is & if you are a seller & been a victim of this, it is a fairly common practice sad to say
(there are many posts on this forum where buyers have pulled this.. some have gotten away with it & when
the seller says "return", its a whole other ball of wax)

Reactions: JetSetGo!
One thing to be aware of and someone may have already said this, is when people want to pay very little but then finally agree to pay more than they want, they can become a hassle at the back end. They'll sometimes say this wasn't in the condition promised to get a partial refund. I'd say if you have a person who's intent on paying less than you want, go ahead and block them. Save yourself the heartache.
I've had this happen to me. A buyer grumbled about my price but when I wouldn't lower it, she grudgingly bought it. Then 2 weeks after she had received it, she opened a case for not as described saying it was in worse condition than she expected. When I got it back, it reeked of smoke. I'm sure she used it every day of those 2 weeks before she decided she didn't want it. I eventually sold it again for the same price and the new buyer loved it.

You do not have to sell to anyone.
Stop trying to second guess gamesmanship.
Don't always assume the worst of a cheeky offer.
This site is full of horror stories from both sellers AND buyers.
It probably does not reflect the millions of successful transaction involving cheeky offers.
Unless your financial position is such that you HAVE to sell,
decide on the price you want and stick to it.

I've had this happen to me. A buyer grumbled about my price but when I wouldn't lower it, she grudgingly bought it. Then 2 weeks after she had received it, she opened a case for not as described saying it was in worse condition than she expected. When I got it back, it reeked of smoke. I'm sure she used it every day of those 2 weeks before she decided she didn't want it. I eventually sold it again for the same price and the new buyer loved it.
My only charge back case was done by a buyer like this. He tried to ask me to go off eBay to give him a discount because I wold save fees. Then I refused, he bought it and filed a charge back for "item not described". I fought it via paypal and submitted all messages between me and him and I won the case. He was all nice and polite before he filed the case. What a two-faced xxxxx!

Is there a mechanism to report buyers or sellers who try to deal off ebay?
There would be a message trail.
You used to be able to report buyers/sellers who tried to take business off of eBay. EBay has taken away that option and now you have to call them directly. I think they disabled that feature a few years ago.