Is This A Good Price?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This person wants to sell me this Mini Pleaty for $400. What do you guys think? Is it too expensive? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458584011.423624.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458584036.901543.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458584095.178021.jpg

2. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458584156.316976.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458584177.417117.jpg

3. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458585840.262452.jpg

4. Have you seen it in person? In these photos, it looks well-loved to me, especially the piping and right under the buckle closure. But it's possible the gold hardware is reflecting on the fabric in the photos. If it's dirt, would the seller have it cleaned before sending it to you? If it's dirt and you're responsible for cleaning it, you have to take that into account with the price. It's really cute, though. Tough call; good luck with whatever you decide. :smile:

5. Did you check ebay? There is currently one for sale that looks much darker (not faded) for $409 and they are accepting offers. It comes with the box and dustbag. So based on that, I think $400 is overpriced for this one. There are actually a few on ebay now.

6. I've looked at these. I seen like new for the low $4OOs. I've seen some in that condition for $280. I wouldn't pay $400. See if you can talk her down. I feel like denim is due for a comeback.

7. The last Mini Pleaty bags that sold on eBay were purchased for $300-$350. So this bag is definitely over priced in my opinion.

8. This was too trendy of a bag to spend $400 on it now.
    At one time this was an "It Bag" for a minute, but that was a very short minute. I think in 2016, $275 is the most anyone should pay. It's not like a classic Speedy or anything, and I've seen those go for what they're asking!

9. BTW

Is that a rip they are pointing out in one of the pictures?

In that case, no more than $200. Might be an easy fix of you know a GREAT seamstress, but that probably should have been taken care of before they tried selling!

10. I wouldn't pay more than 250.00 for this bag it looks like it has seen much better days. I think some people feel just because the bag is an LV they can list it at a price that doesn't reflect its condition and this bag seems to be an example of that.

11. I did my "homework." I'm Canadian not American.

12. Thank you everyone for your insightful opinions. I will have to think this over.