Is this a good price?

palmerlover

Jan 11, 2008
Hi,
Normally, I'm just a lurker but I was at a consignment store the other day and saw a BV bag that I had never seen before. It looks like the one shown below in terms of structure, but it was black (or dark brown? I couldn't tell) and when you looked closely at the weaving there was a pattern that was created using similar shades in the dark woven leather(very subtly like a flower design or something). Anyway, it's a store I go to very infrequently but I do know they know their stuff and they said it was authentic. The price had just been reduced to $595 and it originally retailed for around $1600. I loved the bag, but is this a fair price?

I can afford it, but I do feel guilty buying things when I know others who have lost their jobs etc. I would really only consider spending this much right now if this were truly a good deal. Do you have any idea what this bag is called and what kind of price it actually went for in stores and what kind of price you would consider knowing that it has been used?

Thank you so much.

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/shopon...ddca6f53-ff3c-4cdd-af6d-e1e59b29e759&page=all

viba424

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
I am not an expert about if that is a good deal or not, but it seems to be. I think depends if there are any signs of wear inside or out. If its clean as a whistle then yes! However given that BV had a 50% off sale this summer, a new one would have been $800 in comparison.

Jan 16, 2007
Hi,
Normally, I'm just a lurker but I was at a consignment store the other day and saw a BV bag that I had never seen before. It looks like the one shown below in terms of structure, but it was black (or dark brown? I couldn't tell) and when you looked closely at the weaving there was a pattern that was created using similar shades in the dark woven leather(very subtly like a flower design or something). Anyway, it's a store I go to very infrequently but I do know they know their stuff and they said it was authentic. The price had just been reduced to $595 and it originally retailed for around $1600. I loved the bag, but is this a fair price?

I can afford it, but I do feel guilty buying things when I know others who have lost their jobs etc. I would really only consider spending this much right now if this were truly a good deal. Do you have any idea what this bag is called and what kind of price it actually went for in stores and what kind of price you would consider knowing that it has been used?

Thank you so much.

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/shopon...ddca6f53-ff3c-4cdd-af6d-e1e59b29e759&page=all

Hi, the design you're describing sounds the same as the one on a wallet I have. This design is several years old. If the bag is authentic and in perfect condition then it is a very good price, IMO. I believe that the bag would sell for at least $2k today. HTH

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
If you do get it, make sure that you have a statement in writing from them guaranteeing authenticity. Then please post pictures in the auth thread.