Is this a good price?

mama0306

Sep 26, 2007
I was wanting to purchase this for my mom, called our outlet and they said they werent on the list to get these bags. The winner apparently tried retracting their bid and now refuses to pay so I got a second chance offer (which stinks because the winner is the one who kept raising the bids, had she not bid it would have been around $187!).

Is this a good price? It's used but I cant see any wear.

Thanks in advance!

The seller is stating that the satchel is NEW, without tag, in the auction listing. I think that the price is fair, as long as the bag is authentic. I'd counter offer the seller or see if they'll sell you the bag for $187 or close to that as possible.

I'll just share what I've been seeing and let you decide...I was hounding the brown/red version for a bit, and the last one sold that I watched (2 weeks ago maybe?) went for $197 and change, which was the cheapest I'd ever seen these types of bags. It was used once w/ tags. They do normally go for $200+, maybe give it a shot and ask her for free shipping since the previous buyer jacked the price up, doesn't hurt to ask! HTH!!!

The first bid that the "winner" placed from my original bid made the price $187. I asked if she would consider $200 because couldn't she go down the line of bidders and offer and counter offer if I declined? To me it seems only fair and I would do if if someone asked me. This other person bid against me several times (I set my max at $245 and she finally beat me at $247.50) only to retract her bid??? Why would you bid so many times against someone and then retract it lol.

I saw a used one sell the othe day with a BIN of 229.99 and I think $10-15 shipping.

I havemn't heard back from the seller yet.

She said she couldn't do 200 that its too big a loss and she'd relist it. I went ahead and did a buy it now for 245.00 because I really wanted this for my mom. I mean it is a good deal considering they were 439.00 a few months ago but it makes me a little miffed that the price was jacked up and then the retraction wasn't handled until the end of the auction.