Is this a frumpy or sexy dress for curvy gal?

mysisterrocks

Nov 11, 2008
I am kinda a Jessica Simpson (in her heavier size/Britney Spears body type.)

Is this dress sexy or frumpy?

I love the voile fabric, but not sure it would figure flatter? Just looking for a simple, throw on bohemian style. I am busty 32DD so the neckline/wide straps appeal to me over a traditional low cut or halter maxi dress.

I am 5'3"

TIA!

http://www.singer22.com/nrd108.html

I don't think it would flatter your body type. I understand that the wider straps appeal to you, but by the looks of it, this dress will come straight off your bustline and make you look pregnant, know what I mean? Maybe you could have it altered to have an empire waist or something?

I have the same body type (smaller chest tho!) as you and I would not wear this because it would not show off any curves!. I find loose, formless dresses to make me look chunky instead of curvy.

Very difficult dress to look good in.

1.The yoke is so high thst your bust will protrude where it is gathered - matronly at best but probably just plain merciless

2. There is no waist - so someone might mistake you for wearing maternity wear - certainly not flattering to a curvy figure

3. It's long and gathered too so hips will also look bigger and unlike a baby-doll that exposes the legs there is 'no point of slimness' (sorry can't think of an elegant fashion phrase) so it will look frumpy - top to toe.

4. Although 5"3 is not so small it will make you look short and no doubt stouter

:tdown:

I have a similar body type, smaller bust, and same height, and I wouldn't even look twice at this type of dress. They don't flatter me at all UNLESS I can find a cute wide belt & belt it.