Is this a frumpy or sexy dress for curvy gal?

mysisterrocks

Nov 11, 2008
I am kinda a Jessica Simpson (in her heavier size/Britney Spears body type.)

Is this dress sexy or frumpy?

I love the voile fabric, but not sure it would figure flatter? Just looking for a simple, throw on bohemian style. I am busty 32DD so the neckline/wide straps appeal to me over a traditional low cut or halter maxi dress.

I am 5'3"

TIA!

http://www.singer22.com/nrd108.html

PurseAddict79

PerpetuallyPenniless
O.G.
Sep 11, 2008
The Mall
I don't think it would flatter your body type. I understand that the wider straps appeal to you, but by the looks of it, this dress will come straight off your bustline and make you look pregnant, know what I mean? Maybe you could have it altered to have an empire waist or something?

May 29, 2008
I don't think dresses like that are flattering on most people. I agree ^ that if you could somehow get it altered to have an empire waist, then it'd be really cutee

quynh_1206

Feb 3, 2009
I love this boho dress. But, like everyone else, this dress would not look flatter on almost everyone.

d-girl1011

super stylin' nerd
Mar 2, 2009
Great White North
I have the same body type (smaller chest tho!) as you and I would not wear this because it would not show off any curves!. I find loose, formless dresses to make me look chunky instead of curvy.

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
Dresses like this are flattering on no one, even if they are stick-thin. I bet you can find a dress that will flatter you figure instead of hiding it!

flashy.stems

Hermès Hottie
Jun 17, 2009
Canada
choose a different dress, hun. this dress only looks good on rail-thin ladies.. aka .2% of the population. and even then, it doesn't look that good.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Very difficult dress to look good in.

1.The yoke is so high thst your bust will protrude where it is gathered - matronly at best but probably just plain merciless

2. There is no waist - so someone might mistake you for wearing maternity wear - certainly not flattering to a curvy figure

3. It's long and gathered too so hips will also look bigger and unlike a baby-doll that exposes the legs there is 'no point of slimness' (sorry can't think of an elegant fashion phrase) so it will look frumpy - top to toe.

4. Although 5"3 is not so small it will make you look short and no doubt stouter

:tdown:

loveglam

Feb 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Just like what everyone else said, those dresses don't look flattering on anyone.
Personally, I also think it looks somewhat like a nightgown...

SunglassLove

Troublemaker!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2009
Chicago
I have a similar body type, smaller bust, and same height, and I wouldn't even look twice at this type of dress. They don't flatter me at all UNLESS I can find a cute wide belt & belt it.