Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Reactions: BreezyE
Reactions: BreezyE
Noticed some frayed/loose stitching on the 3rd wear with my WOC (not purchased in store). Could anyone share some tips how to manage it? Part of me was thinking maybe hairspray to keep it in place lol.. or do I cut the loose threads? :sad:

Attachments

• 20230528_193134.jpg
    20230528_193134.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
  • 20230528_193154.jpg
    20230528_193154.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 72
Noticed some frayed/loose stitching on the 3rd wear with my WOC (not purchased in store). Could anyone share some tips how to manage it? Part of me was thinking maybe hairspray to keep it in place lol.. or do I cut the loose threads? :sad:
No don’t use hairspray . It’s waxed thread .

You can wait till the threads get long enough to cut. If at stitch happens to pop, Chanel can repair that. If you are very very careful you could apply a tiny amount of thread wax to the thread but do not get the wax on the leather. You might wanna practice on a cheaper bag if you decide to do that.

Last edited:
I had that issue with my WOC after a few wears too (and it was new from the store) - it got worse and annoyed me after a while so I eventually sent it to Leather Surgeons. They might have either restitched that corner or applied something like what TPFers suggest. It looks better although it’s not a totally flawless fix.

I had that issue with my WOC after a few wears too (and it was new from the store) - it got worse and annoyed me after a while so I eventually sent it to Leather Surgeons. They might have either restitched that corner or applied something like what TPFers suggest. It looks better although it’s not a totally flawless fix.
No don’t use hairspray . It’s waxed thread .

You can wait till the threads get long enough to cut. If at stitch happens to pop, Chanel can repair that. If you are very very careful you could apply a tiny amount of thread wax to the thread but do not get the wax on the leather. You might wanna practice on a cheaper bag if you decide to do that.
I got a little impatient so I ended up buying fabric fusion glue due to someone's recommendation on the forum (old post). I got a pen version cause i only needed a tiny bit, dabbed a bit of the glue on with my finger and left it to dry. It was such an easy fix!!

It would've been a mission for me to travel an hour to the store and back again so I thought nah let's try something out

Reactions: Cali2HI
Hi,
Does anyone else have this issue? The flaps on my jumbo have been like this almost the whole time I’ve had this. What can I do to fix it and what am I doing wrong? I’ve had this bag for less than a year and a half. Thank you!

A1ADCEEC-73A2-45F3-BE1A-194613FD0D96.jpeg