Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Thanks - I read through that before posting. There weren’t any pictures that look like what I’m seeing on my bag so was looking for more opinions

Hi everyone,

I purchased a preloved 26 series medium classic flap in black caviar. It came from the reseller with an Entrupy certificate. I am awaiting authentication by Zeko with my own pictures (sent yesterday).

There are white marks on the bag that were not disclosed. They don’t bother me too much because I got the bag for a good price, but it makes me wonder if the bag was repainted? The seller said they were not aware of any repainting, and the leather doesn’t feel stiff at all.

I’ve been googling - is it possible these are areas that the dye is coming off the leather?

Also the edge of the leather in the chain is completely frayed at the seam.

Thanks for your help!

View attachment 5767576View attachment 5767592View attachment 5767593View attachment 5767590View attachment 5767591
This could be glue stains. Send a picture to the leather surgeons and they'll be able to confirm. They'll also let you know if it's worth sending the bag in to remove.

I don’t have this bag but I know someone who does and apparently this is a common problem with this particular item. She had the chance to look at a few and all of them had this creasing to a certain degree and some were worse than others. I would personally not be happy with it for the price of the item but as you say if you return then you will miss out on this item as very few were made. Depends how much it bothers you
THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is what I needed to hear. I’m struggling with the decision. What did your friend do?

Reactions: Rainbowfish85
Hello all! Anyone know how to remove the dents on the back of my lamb skin bag? I’m thinking of going to get conditioned, but does anyone know a ballpark estimate of how much this might cost? File attached TIA

IMG_4398.jpeg

IMG_4399.jpeg

Hi everyone! I bought this Chanel 19 from the boutique a few days ago and I just realized that there is a dent on the right side. Is this a defect or am I being too picky? I didn’t see it when I was in the boutique, but can’t unsee it now
Would appreciate your insights, thanks in advance.
5C539AA4-11A6-47B7-9514-8EECA9176A58.jpeg

Ooh I see what you mean. I guess you're right in saying that other corner has a bit of 'bald' spot compared to the other one, but looking at the 'stream' of the sequins in general especially on the flap, they look like they're not attempting to achieve 'evenness' (they're not in straight lines and scattered here in there in various bunch of thickness)

I guess if you didn't mention it in the first place and just showed the picture of the bag as a whole, I don't think I'd catch it! It's truly a gorgeous bag and perfect in my eyes!