Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Hi I wonder if you ladies can help me. I have two Chanel flap bags I purchased early 2000s so seven and eight series. Last month I purchased my very first double flap since then in whit caviar medium size with SHW. I have noticed that this latest Chanel has this ugly stitching down one side of the bag chain whereas my vintage pieces do not! I really don’t like it is this normal? I got it from a Boutique so not questioning authenticity but I don’t like the overall “look”. My vintage bags seemed to have a “folded over chain” with one stitch. When did this change? I am thinking of returning and buying a vintage white lambskin or caviar but always nervous of preloved market! Any thoughts/help is much appreciated.

Guys, I'm gutted. My favorite jumbo is discoloring. This is the 22C beige (nude) and the color is to die for. Unfortunately, the leather along the stitching is discoloring. Initially, I thought it was the thread of the stitches, but looking closely, it is definitely the leather along the stitching. It's clearly an issue with the leather/thread, not wear and tear or otherwise since it is uniform along the entire bag.
Does anyone else have this issue with that color bag? This is the second jumbo in caviar that I bought and the second one that is defective due to discoloration. I have lamb leather bags (jumbo and otherwise) without any issues. Just my caviar jumbo (not CCH). Frustrating and devastating as I love that color. Thoughts?

top 2.jpgfront.jpgcomp to cardholder.jpgside.jpg

Guys, I'm gutted. My favorite jumbo is discoloring. This is the 22C beige (nude) and the color is to die for. Unfortunately, the leather along the stitching is discoloring. Initially, I thought it was the thread of the stitches, but looking closely, it is definitely the leather along the stitching. It's clearly an issue with the leather/thread, not wear and tear or otherwise since it is uniform along the entire bag.
Does anyone else have this issue with that color bag? This is the second jumbo in caviar that I bought and the second one that is defective due to discoloration. I have lamb leather bags (jumbo and otherwise) without any issues. Just my caviar jumbo (not CCH). Frustrating and devastating as I love that color. Thoughts?

View attachment 5744963View attachment 5744966View attachment 5744965View attachment 5744964
I am sorry you are having issues with your new bag. This would certainly bother me. I would contact the Chanel boutique where you got the bag from ASAP to see what resolution they will offer. But I would push for either an exchange or return. I hope this situation will be resolved for you soon.

What do we think of these pronounced ripples/wrinkles on a lambskin? It's only on that last edge quilt and the rest of the bag is fine - this is on the front flap btw. My first time buying lambskin so I'm not sure how common this is.. Just bought it the other day and have never even been used :sad: Thanks all

20230321_163912_2.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: pharmasaurusrx

View attachment 5744963View attachment 5744966View attachment 5744965View attachment 5744964
I saw an article about a Hermes handbag recall last year and thought about your bag. Their blue brume epsom leather had the same issue. Although a replacement wasn’t guaranteed (because of their infamous limited stock), they offered a refund for those affected.

I hope Chanel resolves this for you.

Reactions: mariatd
Hi there! I just bought a beautiful Chanel 19 WOC in gorgeous Spring 23 peach. But noticed in both of the chain links that connect at the base of the top handle have slight gaps (pictured). Is this normal for the chunky Chanel 19 chain? Is this deliberate in the design so it "gives" with the weight when you carry it? Any advice from other Chanel 19 owners would be much appreciated!!!

IMG_6388 2.jpg

I saw an article about a Hermes handbag recall last year and thought about your bag. Their blue brume epsom leather had the same issue. Although a replacement wasn’t guaranteed (because of their infamous limited stock), they offered a refund for those affected.

I hope Chanel resolves this for you.
Disappeared, the same for Chanel seasonal items. They'd only ever refund in form of store credit (no cash), though the jumbo is more then $1k today than my refund would be. Sigh.

Hi. I bought this bag yesterday after managing to track down the only one available in this colour - for my daughter’s 18th. The quilts are a little flat. They actually look flatter than they feel, due to the light I guess. I didn’t notice until I got it home. The rest of the bag is perfect but I feel a little disappointed. It’s only noticeable in certain lights and my daughter says she isn’t bothered (but are teenagers bothered about anything?!!)
Am I being too fussy? We can’t get another in this colour (although it looks a different colour in every photo lol. It’s actually light pink)

CEF6F7CA-92BE-41BC-A40E-BDFF3E885820.jpeg

BF865B3E-A53B-4EE6-88EB-0F588391C1BA.jpeg

A7A9DA94-7FDF-4FD9-97B4-DF75711540C7.jpeg

37D2D96C-DAC2-4FFE-8757-10475D1D8750.jpeg

46E311FB-7D06-4C97-B233-6C2598D4E8A4.jpeg

8AD5407F-8E0F-4977-89E9-CC1E14D305D3.jpeg

Hi. I bought this bag yesterday after managing to track down the only one available in this colour - for my daughter’s 18th. The quilts are a little flat. They actually look flatter than they feel, due to the light I guess. I didn’t notice until I got it home. The rest of the bag is perfect but I feel a little disappointed. It’s only noticeable in certain lights and my daughter says she isn’t bothered (but are teenagers bothered about anything?!!)
Am I being too fussy? We can’t get another in this colour (although it looks a different colour in every photo lol. It’s actually light pink)

View attachment 5753182

View attachment 5753183

View attachment 5753184

View attachment 5753185

View attachment 5753186

View attachment 5753187

I'm with your daughter on this, it's a beautiful bag, she's a lucky girl.

Reactions: llilly and Marilla
Hello everyone, i just purchased this Medium flap and it kinda bother me that the white circled area abit deflated down compared to the other side. its like both sides dont have the same finished look?
I appreciate any feedback :smile:

IMG_6075.jpg

Hello everyone, i just purchased this Medium flap and it kinda bother me that the white circled area abit deflated down compared to the other side. its like both sides dont have the same finished look?
I appreciate any feedback :smile:

View attachment 5753671
Personally, if this issue was in a large area of the bag it would bother me, but I could live with it being just on one side like this as it's not really noticable. I can't even tell from the photo. As long as the rest of the bag is excellent, I say keep it because there's always something. :smile: