Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Please help my decision to purchase! Is it just me or is the right side of the flap protruding out to the right & misaligned? Maybe I’m being crazy..

View attachment 5722139

View attachment 5722140
I’m one of the people who thinks this is defective. This is an example of small CFs I’ve seen in store recently where the flap is bigger than the bottom and it just looks warped. If you look at pictures online of older preloved smalls they don’t look like this. I personally would not purchase this bag for USD $8200 but if it’s extremely hard for you to get this color way and you don’t want a medium (just a couple hundred dollar difference and no such warping in new bags) then maybe it would be worth it to you. Unfortunately all the small CF in various colors I’ve seen in stores lately are warped like this. good luck!

Edit: if you look at the amount of quilting that is seen under the right side of the flap it is clearly more than the amount of quilting peeking out on the left. That means the flap is crooked imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: peke<3cc
I’m one of the people who thinks this is defective. This is an example of small CFs I’ve seen in store recently where the flap is bigger than the bottom and it just looks warped. If you look at pictures online of older preloved smalls they don’t look like this. I personally would not purchase this bag for USD $8200 but if it’s extremely hard for you to get this color way and you don’t want a medium (just a couple hundred dollar difference and no such warping in new bags) then maybe it would be worth it to you. Unfortunately all the small CF in various colors I’ve seen in stores lately are warped like this. good luck!

Edit: if you look at the amount of quilting that is seen under the right side of the flap it is clearly more than the amount of quilting peeking out on the left. That means the flap is crooked imo.
Thanks so much for this- I didn’t end up purchasing because I thought the same thing!! But then I started to regret it thinking maybe I was over analysing.. even though it is hard to find this model and there is a risk of impending price increase I really want it to be perfect for the price point it is!

Please help my decision to purchase! Is it just me or is the right side of the flap protruding out to the right & misaligned? Maybe I’m being crazy..

View attachment 5722139

View attachment 5722140
It might look different in person but from what I'm seeing on this photo, the stitching on the far right of the flap looks noticably misaligned with the stitching underneath the flap. I don't think that's normal

I agree with you. It looks top heavy and very uneven. It kinda looks so bad from the photo that it appears as a fake and I think if worn out in public people may assume that it’s a fake.

I was over the moon about my new Coco Handle bag, until I noticed that the handle is not centered. It appears to be about 1/4 inch off center - see pics where handle attaches between the diamond stitches. Is this a defect? Or is it typical of CCH’s? If I keep the bag despite this, could it affect the bag’s resale value in the future?

63D0F5F0-C4FA-44FF-9272-A444E5B450A7.jpeg

5DB976DE-9192-4838-AC9F-47BA4D6F75EB.jpeg

I was able to get a Chanel 19 before the price increase, but just noticed a popped stitch when I received it. I assume it’s more than cosmetic and could have more come off in the future? Would they be able to exchange it for me without charging the new price given it's somewhat of a defect? Thanks!
0FB7381D-02BA-4817-8C58-F78CF18DAE7D.jpeg0F352781-9F12-4BB5-9A31-202AE9332146.jpeg

I was able to get a Chanel 19 before the price increase, but just noticed a popped stitch when I received it. I assume it’s more than cosmetic and could have more come off in the future? Would they be able to exchange it for me without charging the new price given it's somewhat of a defect? Thanks!
View attachment 5736589View attachment 5736591
I would reach out to your SA but based on comments on this forum so far, I think they might charge you the new price. I’m sorry to see this. I have the same problem with my WOC too but it happened after a few months and I would be annoyed to see it on a new bag. It hasn’t worsened over time (if that brings comfort) but I might try to get it repaired at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: lsquare
I would reach out to your SA but based on comments on this forum so far, I think they might charge you the new price. I’m sorry to see this. I have the same problem with my WOC too but it happened after a few months and I would be annoyed to see it on a new bag. It hasn’t worsened over time (if that brings comfort) but I might try to get it repaired at some point.
I have reached out to the SA and am waiting for a response. She is not particularly responsive unfortunately. It’s good to know yours hasn’t worsened.

Reactions: calypsodc