Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

sunshine137

Jun 5, 2014
Please post any questions about defects or if things are normal in this thread. Thanks!

I bought a WOC while traveling abroad a few weeks ago, and now that I'm examining it, I'm noticing that the quilts are not properly aligned. Would you consider this a defect? And can it be fixed? Unfortunately, I'm past the return period and no longer in the country I bought it from, so hopefully it's normal for this bag?

IMG_3981.JPG

IMG_3982.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VertColSwift
the second picture makes the WOC look slightly off. I dont think its a true "defect" per se, but it would bother me. try pushing it in the opposite direction. if not, try to see if ur boutique will allow an exchange

I recently got my first Chanel, a Jumbo with gold hardware. There was a defect with the first one with stitching and I sent it back to Chanel at Bergdorf Goodman to have it exchanged. I opened the box at home and immediately my fiancé and I noticed that the hardware did not seem to be as gold in color as the first bag, it seemed paler in comparison. I thought it was lighting, but we brought it outside in the natural light and it seemed to be the same. Has anyone else noticed any variations in gold coloring?

I also noticed that the hardware was covered with a clear plastic covering instead of the blue I had for the first bag. There also was air bubbles in the plastic covering with a bit of dust stuck inside, like someone has stuck it back on after it was removed. On the clasp, there was a single hairline scratch on the turnlock. I'm sure with use over time there will be scratches too, which isn't an enormous deal. But, I'm a bit uneasy knowing I purchased something new and it's not perfect. I think the bag might have been an return? Would they usually sell Chanel bags that have been returned?

My SA has been very helpful so far, but I'm not sure if should give them another call? Or am I making a big deal out of something minor? haha

Hello Chanel lovelies!

I was lucky to purchase this 18C small chevron backpack from Saks and while its in otherwise perfect condition, I noticed there is a missed stitch under the flap where it bends to close (it’s hard to see but I tried to get a close up of the frayed ends) I plan on using this daily so I’m worried the stitching might eventually unravel from opening and closing. I’m always careful with my bags but I don’t want to baby this piece either. Does anyone have this season’s backpack or similar issue? Should I return this piece completely ? I’m adding pictures below! I appreciate any advice, thank you in advance!

8378A642-1C41-42DC-9F87-4DBFBF0A4DAE.jpeg
BF2FDD2B-AFCD-40DB-B119-087C49A1FA17.jpeg 35C523E9-84BC-41D8-AF54-4B77522D28E3.jpeg

Thank you for all your help! It's funny because if it were anything else with a loose stitch/defect I would have no problem asking for an exchange or returning it. But since this Chanel backpack combo is hard to find in general, I hesitate to do what makes most sense - return the bag lol. I am going to see if my SA can exchange it but most of you are correct, I should not settle, especially at these prices. ;) Thank you again!

Hello,

Does anyone know if Chanel can replace a CC hardware on mini o case? I bought it from a reputable seller. She got it last September. It seems that this "gold/white paint" is inside of the hardware (between the layers) and it cannot be removed. It looks like it was there from the beginning.

Any info would be greatly appreciated x

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Hello,

Does anyone know if Chanel can replace a CC hardware on mini o case? I bought it from a reputable seller. She got it last September. It seems that this "gold/white paint" is inside of the hardware (between the layers) and it cannot be removed. It looks like it was there from the beginning.

Any info would be greatly appreciated x

Have you tried calling the customer service number to ask?

Honestly I would be surprised if they could repair or replace it because when I mentioned pearls and crystals falling out of brooches my SA said they can only replace or repair if Chanel still had the material in stock - so if it was from a few seasons ago it is unlikely they would be able to.

Also if you don't have a receipt or an existing relationship with an SA it would be harder to make this happen, but it doesn't hurt to ask . Good luck!!

Reactions: Sarenkaldn