Is there still extra large 2.55?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am wondering if it is still possible to get extra large 2.55 around? I thought it has been discontinued? In Singapore, theres only, small, medium, large. My husband told me there is one piece available in one of the UK store. I am puzzled? He was told by the SA that the extra large is same size as the jumbo and smaller than maxi. Pl advise gals!

2. Chanel used to make a 228, which I guess is considered x-large. They have discontinued the 228 and now the 227 is the largest size made. Below is a list of the sizes and their measurements. I got these from the Reference library so it is an older post, as you can tell from the prices. (almost makes me sick). I think the 228 is slightly bigger than the jumbo, but I don't own a Maxi so I'm not sure how it would compare.

The sizes for the Reissue 2.55:

$1795 A302224: - The Baby 7.5 W x 5.75 H x 1.75 D inches

$1895 A302225: - Small 9.75" x 7.06" x 2.16"

$1995 A302226: - Medium 11" x 8" x 2.5"

$2095 A302227: - Large 12.25" x 9.18" x 2.5"

$2495 A302228: - The X-Large aka Jumbo 14.2" x 9.8" x 3"

3. ^ those prices make me cry :crybaby:

4. I am not sure if the sales assistant is right in saying the size? If it is discontinued, why is it still in the store? The price is about 2540 pounds (not the 2460 listed for 'large' in the worldwide prices list). This makes me confused. This is the problem when dh is tasked to help us with the purchase with just numbers... I told my husband the size is 227 and the SA says it should be '2.55' not 227! SA new on the job?

5. The 228 was/is 14" which is 1" bigger than maxis 13"
    so if the SA is saying the "xl reissue" she has in store is smaller than the maxi.. then she must be confused and she probably only has the LARGE not XL

6. I know, this can be very frustrating! Chanel has a language all its own and even some people who work there can't speak it!

It might be best for your DH to use the measurements if the SA is not understanding the sizing lingo.

7. I truly hope it is 'large' and not 'extra large' but the price is more than 2500 pounds and the 'large' I understand is 2460 pounds.... so I am confused... anyway, just have to be patient and wait for my bag to reach my shores tomorrow....didn't want to stress my husband further as he had to brave the rain, lug his lugguage to get this bag...

8. Oh yes, I truly agree that Chanel has a language on its own and even some of the SA don't speak. My instructions were spelled clearly as below and my dh even showed her and she claim I got the model wrong! She said its 2.55 not 227! (faint!)

Option 1: Reissue 227 Large Black caviar with GOLD hardware (must be gold)
    227 Reissue (A37590)
    Calf
    Heathrow £2,093
    London £2460

Option 2: Classic Jumbo flap Black caviar with GOLD hardware (must be gold)
    Jumbo Flap (A28600)
    Caviar
    Heathrow £1808
    London £2200