Is there no love on the H forum.....

I have narrow shoulders and suffer from bagslindingoffisitis so I fear that the Trim would just aggravate the condition. That being said, were I to see one listed that was a great bargain, I would try to confront my condition and would address the condition with much needed exercise.

LOL!!!

i love the trim. went to look at one recently and felt for the things that i carry it would distort the silhouette of the bag. i think i need wider more tote like bags.

Yes, too much like a Gucci and too much like a Vuitton my mother bought in the late 70's (at least it was leather-lined!). It's just a lot of money for a bag that is not unique.

I like the Trim but somehow it reminds me too much of a Gucci.

Interesting comment. I feel it's well worth noting that Gucci makes a "Jackie O" bag that is extremely derivative (almost a straight copy) of the Hermes Trim bag. Gucci called it Jackie O because Jackie O did in fact favor the ACTUAL Trim bag; there are numerous old photos of her carrying hers, which she had in several leathers & colors including at least one Toile combination.
So, really, it's the Gucci that reminds one of the Hermes ;)

I really like the Trim bag, actually, and there's one on my list too--it's just a long way down :P. I do have one Trim that I have had for years but it has gold hardware and that no longer works for me--I'd like to get one in the brown family with PHW one of these days after the rest of my list has been reduced in size a bit.

Is it that the trim is not very popular because it looks - nondescript, and not identifiable as a Hermes? Or is it because it looks pretty much like any other grab-n-go leather bag by Anydesigner?

To each their own. To be quite honest, I adore my Trim (I) and use it quite often but that's just me. It was literally a 5 minute purchase from the moment I walked into the boutique.

The great thing about Hermes is its wide range of handbag styles. Some may suit the majority due to media or just broad appeal - e.g. birkin/kelly. While others may require a bit more selective/individual tastes - e.g. constance, plume, bolide, trim, himilaya, etc.

So to answer your question, yes the Trim is a less popular bag for whatever reason. But I'm 100% sure that if say one of the Olsen twins, Posh or Kate Moss were to sport it, the popularity of this bag would definitely soar overnight!

I don't think so, personally, Merika, because the same could almost be said of the Victoria FT, the Lindy, and others.

The Lindy is quite popular and is somewhat unique in appearance, but the Victoria FT is definitely a below-the-radar bag...and that doesn't seem to be a very popular choice either?

I wonder sometimes (this is just a random mumbling, BTW) whether buyers look at the prices of such a bag since they are not too cheap either and think "Oh, I can add $XXX extra and buy a Kelly/Birkin" ?

I wonder about the price points too, though I wonder that about other bags in the H lineup--IIRC a new Trim isn't all *that* expensive in the grand scheme of things, is it?

On that note, I was looking at a Drag bag which is still in stock the other day at an Hermes concession and HOLY COW!! The thing was more expensive than a 35cm Birkin!! No wonder they didn't sell readily. It was amazing and gorgeous and made of chevre de coromandel but there's no way I am paying that much for a small bag with fairly limited use in my lifestyle. Maybe if it was $6K or something I'd think about it, but $9K?! Uh-uh.

But I'm 100% sure that if say one of the Olsen twins, Posh or Kate Moss were to sport it, the popularity of this bag would definitely soar overnight!

Sad but probably true. :s

I got my hands on a Trim II in a fab colour, but had to return it due to cracked leather. My SA tells me the boutique will not be putting out further orders for the Trim. :crybaby:
I'd snap it up rightaway...if I could find one in a colour that I liked!
It's simple, practical and elegant!

To each their own. To be quite honest, I adore my Trim (I) and use it quite often but that's just me. It was literally a 5 minute purchase from the moment I walked into the boutique.

The great thing about Hermes is its wide range of handbag styles. Some may suit the majority due to media or just broad appeal - e.g. birkin/kelly. While others may require a bit more selective/individual tastes - e.g. constance, plume, bolide, trim, himilaya, etc.

So to answer your question, yes the Trim is a less popular bag for whatever reason. But I'm 100% sure that if say one of the Olsen twins, Posh or Kate Moss were to sport it, the popularity of this bag would definitely soar overnight!

HL, my thoughts are the same as yours.
I like many styles that H delivers. My first is a Trim bought in 05 and I still use it every now & then.
Since, I bought other styles that I like which are under the low radar whilst waiting for birkin & kelly... lindy, massai & victoria FT..
I look at the functionality of the bag, the leathers & the colours. I prefer the shoulder bags.
Would love to add constance... for me, bollide & evelyne will be lower down the list though.

Guess those bags that are distintively H styles are more popular as they are more recognisable... KWIM?

Let me attach an old pic of my Trim...

Attachments

• H1 trim oct 05.JPG
    H1 trim oct 05.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 32
I think the Trim is appealing and I would get a lot of use out of it. I think I'd like to own one in a color like a rouge H or rose shocking (wow!). It would sort of give the basic shape a little something extra. Although you can never go wrong with black.
Once I get a Lindy, and if I ever have the opportunity to get other H bags that my heart desires...I'd probably have to try on the trim and the Kelly to see what I would use the most and what looks most fab on me. Who knows, I may end up with a plume!

I did notice the lack of love for the Trim on this board too.

I have one but dont plan to get anymore. I like it fine for its simple styling and as a casual summer bag but I wish it would conform to the body more.