Is there hope for restoring my ruined beloved Chanel? :(

Hello everyone!

To get things straight I am obsessed with keeping my purses clean and haven't had the need to send any of them back for restoring of refurbishing.

However, the story is that i recently noticed that one of my purses was missing :thinking:and it turns out my younger sister hid it after she wore it out wearing JEANS :faint:. Dark blue stains have ruined the color and i thank God that she didn't attempt to clean (or ruin) it in any other way.

Here are some pictures of my ruined baby :sad::crybaby:

k3ol1d.png

2v2a7w8.png

Is there any hope of re-dying it? I haven't got to wear this particular purse out much and was waiting for spring/summer to come about. I would appreciate ANY help or info from anyone who has had any similar experiences. I do not think i have the receipt any more does that matter? I live in London by the way.

Many thanks xx

Hello everyone!

To get things straight I am obsessed with keeping my purses clean and haven't had the need to send any of them back for restoring of refurbishing.

However, the story is that i recently noticed that one of my purses was missing :thinking:and it turns out my younger sister hid it after she wore it out wearing JEANS :faint:. Dark blue stains have ruined the color and i thank God that she didn't attempt to clean (or ruin) it in any other way.

Here are some pictures of my ruined baby :sad::crybaby:

k3ol1d.png

2v2a7w8.png

Is there any hope of re-dying it? I haven't got to wear this particular purse out much and was waiting for spring/summer to come about. I would appreciate ANY help or info from anyone who has had any similar experiences. I do not think i have the receipt any more does that matter? I live in London by the way.

Many thanks xx

This looks like lambskin, yes? If so, you might try cleaning it before you go drastic with redyeing it. The bag will stiffen if it's dyed. You don't need the receipt for Chanel to refurbish it, but you might try cleaning off some of that transfer yourself; many have done this fairly successfully. I don't know how long the transfer has been on the bag. I would so not want to be your sister right now!

This looks like lambskin, yes? If so, you might try cleaning it before you go drastic with redyeing it. The bag will stiffen if it's dyed. You don't need the receipt for Chanel to refurbish it, but you might try cleaning off some of that transfer yourself; many have done this fairly successfully. I don't know how long the transfer has been on the bag. I would so not want to be your sister right now!
Thanks for your reply!
Yes it is lambskin.
The stain has been there for nearly a month now!
I heard of cleaning the stain with lotion/luke warm water and cloth.. But won't that just remove the dye along with it?
Yes she is not allowed in my closet anymore :nono:

Thanks for your reply!
Yes it is lambskin.
The stain has been there for nearly a month now!
I heard of cleaning the stain with lotion/luke warm water and cloth.. But won't that just remove the dye along with it?
Yes she is not allowed in my closet anymore :nono:

There is a care/maintenance thread on Chanel. You can also see there photos of a bag that was redyed by Chanel. I would try only with a gentle cleanser like Meltonian or Cadillac; I would not use water. Here is the link to the thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/lambskin-how-do-i-clean-it-care-for-181403-40.html Whichever you choose, be sure to test it in a small spot first.

A friend of mine also had color transfer from her indigo denim skirt onto her lamb skin Dior bag. She took it to a reputable bag spa in Singapore and they did what I understood to be a good job. I did not see the bag myself but she said they managed to clean off most of the stain save for a little in the seams. You could bring your bag to a bag spa and get their professional opinion as well as a quote. They can probably do the cleaning within a short time than Chanel, I'm sure.

A friend of mine also had color transfer from her indigo denim skirt onto her lamb skin Dior bag. She took it to a reputable bag spa in Singapore and they did what I understood to be a good job. I did not see the bag myself but she said they managed to clean off most of the stain save for a little in the seams. You could bring your bag to a bag spa and get their professional opinion as well as a quote. They can probably do the cleaning within a short time than Chanel, I'm sure.
I live in london :sad: Going to try researching for similar cleaners/bag spas though!
Thanks

i would definitely go to the Chanel store and ask and advise from their SA about what they could do about it. i had mine just refurbished and repaired since the chain broke off. the back came back like new and they even beautifully wrapped it up for me. all at no charge at all. one of the reasons why i'm sooo in love with chanel. :biggrin: good luck!

Be careful taking your bag anywhere else - Chanel might not do any future replacements/cleaning/redying if they can tell it has been elsewhere. Good Luck!!

Really? Chanel would disown the bag just cos it got cleaned somewhere else? I thought the warranty is void for 'unauthorised' refurbishments like color dying and hardware change?

Ohhhh gosh!!!! Such a pity.....
but it's not hopeless...
you can try cadillac leather cleaner if you want to or yet again spa or chanel themselves :smile:
Do keep us updated with your bag progress...