Is there ever a point where you think your collection is fulfilled?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I want two more bags (big purchases) and I think I will finally be done.

With that said, I would have a total of 4 bags.

But I really think I'd be complete. Yeah, there are other bags that I would want, but I really wouldn't NEED.

And you?

2. I don't know if I'll ever manage to be completely fulfilled- maybe for a few days, or even a few weeks, but probably not longer than that. I find that as I go through life, my needs and wants change significantly. The bag that was perfect for me 3 years as an undergrad is not going to work for me as a grad student. And I would imagine that bag that I'd want as a working adult would be different than the one I'm wearing now!

3. Fulfillment... what a nice dream :smile:

I get fulfilled in the sense that whenever I get bored with a purse I sell it on eBay, Craigslist, (or recently, to a co-worker) so I can get something new.

I created this system about 2 years ago.

I won't allow myself something new until I get rid of something "old"

It works out quite nicely :biggrin:

4. No. Not until I decide to change and give up this obsession. As it is, looking at TPF and shopping in BNM stores keeps me always wanting something new, even when I feel guilty about not using some of the bags I've owned for a year or less. It's an OCD type disorder IMHO.

5. I don't really think about it. I'm quite happy right now but there may be something out there in a few months that I love. I don't really "collect" in the same sense that many do on here.

6. you can see in my signature that i admire many bags--but i don't plan to buy them b/c i personally would be so paranoid about getting those babies damaged during daily use (i live in a terrible climate and have no car, so i'm on extremely crowded buses/trains or walking in rain/snow every day).

i love bags, and i always have, but i also have a chronic pain condition that is especially bad when i carry big purses (they have to be big b/c i have to stay at work for long hours and don't have anywhere to leave anything unless it's in my bag).

i recently bought some lightweight backpacks from the north face and jansport, in various colors, and to be honest, until my situation in life changes (i.e., i move somewhere with a better climate, i get a car, and/or i live somewhere with more storage space), i think i am probably going to admire many purses and other members' lovely collections, but i am not going to be buying more.

so, i guess my collection is fulfilled--until my life circumstances change!

7. fulfillment is possible or rather you get bored by bags because it was all a phase and you obsess about another category of products or ideas, whatever. I'm not done yet though

8. No. There will always be new colors/designs and whatnot that will catch my eye and stuff I have I will get tired of or it will go out of style.

9. Not yet.... ;)

10. I thought I was done after I bought my Balenciaga. Id like to get one more bag and then Im seriously done. Seriously.

11. I just don't think that would ever happen to me. Then I'd have to say bye bye to this wonderful forum.

12. Every once in a while I get a bag and think, "This bag is so perfect, I really don't need anything else." Yeah right.

I've also told myself many times over the years that if I ever find the "perfect" camel/caramel colored bag, I'd call it quits, as it would be perfect with everything. Again, yeah right.

13. it'll never be complete, there will always be another bag..

14. Mine would be complete if I had the bag on my wishlist.

15. I feel like that after every bag purchase until I see another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!