Is there anything to get at least 2 inches taller?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My biggest dream is to be a model and so I wanna live my dreams because we only have that one life. I am 5"7 and I need to be at least 5"9 it might be possible that I will still grow I am still very young. I have watched this guy on youtube called "TheTallerGuru" and he claims that stretching and some exercises he shows help grow taller. So is there anything to do, it is really my biggest dream I would even consider hormones whatsoever if that is possible. I tried the stretching and my legs got super perfect like I am already very skinny but doing the stretching they got even skinnier like vs model legs ;) So please anything you have tried that did work/not work/ you would recommend or share any knowledge about the issue.

2. How old are you?

You can't *make* yourself get taller without drastic procedures to your bones that aren't recommended for purely cosmetic reasons.

You *can* do stretching exercises to improve your posture - making you stand up straighter and essentially making yourself "taller".

3. I don't think it's possible to make yourself taller through stretching, sorry. I've heard Pilates instructors say that Pilates will help you look taller but I think that's a crock of sh!t too. You can try your hand at commercial or print modeling instead of runway. Or perhaps find a niche? Jen Selter just got signed on with a major sports agency, and she's not even a trainer... social media has a way of turning regular Joe's into stars so maybe consider that possibility as well.

4. Does it make any sense to sleep more? You do actually shrink during the day and grow at night. I mean if you measure yourself before bed and after you wake up it´s a noticeable difference.

5. How old are you?

6. i did see on tv in russia they have a plastic surgery procedure where they break your leg bones and attach braces/screws on the outside and each day/week the space that was broken and space increased. i think it adds an inch or 2 but sounds very painful and very expensive.

7. No.

8. Face it:

you're not tall enough.

Your height isn't going to stop you from becoming a model. It is just another hurdle you will have to jump over. If you've got the stuff and someone sees potential in you, you will become a model.

I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket though. Be sure to do your best in school (I'm assuming you're still relatively young) and study or work in a field that you like.

9. Kate Moss is only 5ft 7... But she's got the "it" factor.. If you have it too, you'll make it as a model.

10. It makes me upset when a girl's dream is to get into an industry that trivializes women into measurements and physical traits and values them only for what's on the outside.

Then again, a woman should be able to pursue any career she chooses. Just make sure you're emotionally equipped to deal with the rejection you'll be facing.

11. +1

12. You say you are still young, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
    Once your growth plates have fused, there is very little you can do to increase your height permanently. Usually this happens between age 17 and 20 for women, however it does vary. If you are serious about doing something about it-- I would recommend going to have an xray done (that is the only way you can tell if your growth plates have fused). If they have, theres really not much you can do. If they haven't, you may be able to take hormone injections to increase your height-- however I'm not sure that the increase would be substantial enough for it to be worth it. It is very unlikely you would grow 2 inches taller. The only other thing I can think of that would probably get you your two inches is limb-lengthening surgery... however this is very drastic and I would definitely not recommend it. You will be in the hospital with metal rods inserted into your legs for a few months, and then they literally break your legs in half and wait for the bones to fuse together. Very painful. Not fun. You'll also likely have pretty bad scarring on your legs... not so good for modelling.

Anyway, I say you embrace your height! It won't stop you from achieving your dreams if you don't let it. I wish I was your height! I'm very petite.

13. This is because more fluid is in your spine after lying down overnight.

14. High heels...

Cara Delevingne is only 5'7".

15. I know that models often have wrong measurements and lie about their height but I would not believe that Cara Delevigne walked Chanel and Victoria´s Secret if she was only 5"7?? I doubt that