Is there anything I can do?

Jkm

Jul 2, 2007
I bought a mandy courier purse on ebay, and mailed a money order exactly 8 days ago, and the seller STILL has not received it. I am getting EXTREMELY worried! I have purchased 3 other items after this sale, and the sellers have all received my money orders? What in H%## do I do now????

i'm ranting, sorry!

Did you get delivery confirmation or tracking on the money order?
ditto!!! there is a number on the stub of the money order that you keep. That number will tell you weather or not the thing has been cashed. It also depends on where it is going and so on. I would not really worry until it has been 2 weeks. I know that is a long time, but it is a reasonable time frame for dealing with the usps, kwim? Good luck!

If perhaps....

You got the money order from your bank, maybe they can cancel it for you.

My bank tracks my money orders to make sure they've been cashed. I once paid for an auction via money order, got my item, never thought about it again. About 3 or 4 months later, I can't fully remember the time period, my bank calls and said it had never been cashed and they were invalidating it and I would see the money back in my account. :tup:

Now this I'm sure is not the case with all banks, if you even got it there, but it never hurts to ask if they can invalidate it and you could try it again.

I was really stupid and did not send it priority mail, like i normally do w/signature. i dropped it off at my local grocers post office slot because i was in a hurry. I was able to track the Mo using the no.s on my receipt and thankfully it has not been cashed. I called USPS and was told that it is very strange it has not reached it's destination, it should have by now. she seemed to think something happened like it became stuck on another letter etc..something to that effect.. Then proceeded to tell me not to worry just yet. It COULD turn up....If it does not reach its destination, i just threw away 263.00 as i cannot cancel the Mo until after 45 days and even then i don't get my money back?... i guess i learned my lesson. Always get tracking info...this sux

I was really stupid and did not send it priority mail, like i normally do w/signature. i dropped it off at my local grocers post office slot because i was in a hurry. I was able to track the Mo using the no.s on my receipt and thankfully it has not been cashed. I called USPS and was told that it is very strange it has not reached it's destination, it should have by now. she seemed to think something happened like it became stuck on another letter etc..something to that effect.. Then proceeded to tell me not to worry just yet. It COULD turn up....If it does not reach its destination, i just threw away 263.00 as i cannot cancel the Mo until after 45 days and even then i don't get my money back?... i guess i learned my lesson. Always get tracking info...this sux

That is really strange that she said you wouldn't get your money back. Normally you do after a certain amount of time. They usually send you a check back from USPS for the amount of the money order.

That is really strange that she said you wouldn't get your money back. Normally you do after a certain amount of time. They usually send you a check back from USPS for the amount of the money order.

It was not a USPS money order. I purchased it through my local grocery store as I was in a hurry...