Is there anyone here who doesn't own H?

Hello Amy,

So sorry to hear about your son. I have a very good friend who found herself in a similar situation as yours. She was making very good money before she got married and had kids-- she probably could have bought herself Hermes bags had she wanted to. She decided to stay home and take care of her kids after her second child was diagnosed. I am happy to say that her efforts and sacrifice have more than paid off. Her daughter is now doing very well.

As for owning anything Hermes, I have nothing. Zero! Not a twilly, not a bottle of scent. I would love to own a Kelly one day and I do have a "wishful thinking" list. I lurk here, post occasionally, and learn a lot while drooling over the many beautiful bags posted here. There are times when I say I don't think I will get that Kelly in this lifetime. But dreams do come true... even if they seem to be taking their sweet time.

Thanks for starting this great thread Amy. You know sometimes I feel out of sorts here...like i don't "belong" because I don't own an H bag either, but I still keep coming back. I will also admit to coming here and wishing some of life situtations were different. We deal with other family issues and have taken financial responsiblity for them over the past few years where others have turned their heads. I easily couldv'e had a Birkin by now, but "that ain't happening"! Not now and quite possibly not ever. But that is OK...It's like going to the Louvre and admiring the "MONA LISA"...I know she is not going home with me either...Maybe in the form of a post card or a refridgerator magnet, but she won't be hanging on my wall...:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

WOW! Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm relieved to see other ppl on here who don't own H, but can admire them or dream of owning one someday! I used to work with kids on the autistic spectrum, so it's pretty ironic I had one of my own (if you're religious, you might not call it irony, but something else). I can't remember who posted it, but DS is getting ABA, speech therapy, OT, school, etc. He is really making progress--slow, but steady!

TPF is a great distraction for me! I'm a SAHM now & it's great to "get away" without actually getting away.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread. Your hugs & words do mean something!

Amy

A hug to you and your DS! It's great that you're putting his treatment before anything!

As to your question: I'm currently completely H-less. I keep coming on the forum to learn more and more about this fabulous brand. I've now decided I want a Massai, and have started my little piggy bank for it!

Amy, big hug to you! I have close relatives with similar discapacities and I also know how hard it can be. Family comes always first! And I'm sure you are a great mum.

I don't own any H bags yet though I have saved enough to buy my dream kelly, but other priorities always comes first. For me, bags are the last thing in my list at the moment. But I do own a few H items that I love and I use as much as I can, like belts, agenda, wallet, etc.

It's still great to dream about H bags and learn from the ladies here, it helped me a lot to learn which bag, leather, color and style matches me perfectly. I'm still on my early 30's and I hope I can get my bag in the next 10 years!

Hi Amy, Like you I do not have an Hermes bag....but how I do LOVE Hermes and the understated class it represents. For most of my life I had to work and put all my money on my home, food and my daughter. But that is what you do in real life!

As for now...I only have a wallet that was a gift to me on my 50th...yes, 50th birthday!!!! I then bought perfume for myself (eBay) and have just begun my scarf collection with an eBay find for very few dollars! I did snag a couple of boxes too...for the homeless scarves I hope to acquire.

So you see, I don't think its ever to late to dream of owning Hermes.
Hey, maybe my birkin will come on my 60th birthday!!!!!!!!

Amy

I think that you are a credit to yourself and your family, and wish you and your son all the best im his treatment. A big hug to you both.

I don't own anything from H but keep looking and thinking "maybe one day"

Prorbably not ready at the moment cause can't make my mind on which colour I love best anyway.

One day, all being well you will get your Kelly!

Love to you all

Amy, without reading any of the responses, I just had to respond to you. I totally feel *with* you.

I, too, have a young son with autism (PDD-NOS). Like you, we spend on medications and doctors visits that aren't covered by insurance (we're presently researching services to aid us). I used to have plenty of disposable income until I left work to be at home to care full time for ds1/ds2. I thought I'd head back to work when ds2 was 4 or 5 but that's not going to be in the books for a long long time.

I have mentioned not being able to afford these beautiful bags so I satisfy myself with an inspired version, not on this forum, but on others if my memory serves. However, I was soundly thrashed, so now I mostly keep that to myself. I'm not saying you may be interested in inspired, but for me, it's a small consolation in many respects -- mentally, emotionally -- for the moment to keep me from going off the deep end in a relentless situation :P

So to answer you, no, I do not have genuine Hermes bag, but I do have a dresser with bottles of Parfum d'Hermes and Caleche from my working days and they are a little luxury. My sister was recently in Hermes Paris and got herself the orange Hermes scarf with the golf? balls... she'll be heading to The Bellagio for her birthday later this year... I'm sort of hoping she'll bring me back something small but I don't expect anything tho, we're just in different circumstances and I accept that.

Best wishes to you and your ds2, please message me anytime if you ever need advice about raising a child with autism.

Rose (the other Rose!)

Amy, my heart goes out to you and your family!
There is no question that the care for your son is the top priority.
Indulging oneself in expensive H bags is a little frivolous (and I include myself here) - it's wonderful if you can afford it. If you can't afford it, so what.
For me this forum is about the appreciation of the H brand, the admiration for the design, the workmanship, etc, etc. I have adored H and appreciated it LONG before I could afford a bag. I thought I never would be able to afford it and suddenly I could. I remember buying my first H item (a scarf) and it was a BIG THING. I truly believe that good things come to good people and to those who wait so never say never about owning an H bag.

With regards to Rose and carrying an inspired bag - I can totally relate. IMO there's nothing wrong with carrying an inspired bag as long as it is recognizable as one and one doesn't pretend that it's real.

Can I join this thread too...please LOL. I dont have any H...yet. It is my dream to have something, even something small...maybe an agenda. I have Louis Vuitton but would also Love a H. :smile:...maybe one day

Amy,I can't even bring myself to speak of your son and a handbag in the same breath.

So I'll just wish you additional strength to continue being the wonderful mum you are,and your son the best possible health.