Is there anyone here who doesn't own H?

Hi Amytude, just wanted to give you a big cyberhug and agree with the others about how fantastic it is that you have your prorities straight and and doing a wonderful job as a mother. You're Kelly will come one day.

PM me anytime if you like. My son, Oscar, has Down Syndrome and Autism so I can fully understand the day to day challenges parents with special needs children go through.

Amytude--thanks for posting this. I lurk (and post all the time anyway) even though I don't own any H yet at all. I just took my first job as a lawyer a few months ago, so I am just getting started putting some of my affairs in order.

That said, sometimes I feel like I don't "belong" here, or I shouldn't post because I don't *own* any H; however, I love seeing everyone's spectacular finds, and celebrating their good taste.

I'm hoping for a major purchase for my 30th birthday, in a little over a year ... but who knows?

Don't say "'just' an Evelyne"! All H is beautiful and valuable to us.:heart:

oh i just have to heartily second this!
also, i agree with other posters that H is a wonderful diversion from frustrating or exhausting aspects of our lives, and all H is a treat.
for 4 years i carried one h purse, my first and dearest (and not remotely "just" anything;)), and wasn't too corrupted. lol i treasured my bag every time i carried it (all the time), and i still do. 4 years, one bag and absolutely no temptations for another. that in and of itself convinced me to stick with H. frankly, as i posted in another thread, i get an awful lot of mileage just from thinking about H, daydreaming about it.
you will see a lot a lot of H on the forum, and some of it represents other people's need for diversions too:heart:. you're not alone.

Amytude--thanks for posting this. I lurk (and post all the time anyway) even though I don't own any H yet at all. I just took my first job as a lawyer a few months ago, so I am just getting started putting some of my affairs in order.

That said, sometimes I feel like I don't "belong" here, or I shouldn't post because I don't *own* any H; however, I love seeing everyone's spectacular finds, and celebrating their good taste.

I'm hoping for a major purchase for my 30th birthday, in a little over a year ... but who knows?

legaldiva--Post!! How can we learn more about or share our appreciation of H if we don't post? The ladies here have been very kind and welcoming.

Teaching your special needs child to deal with life and become a person who can be independent and strong is a wonderful thing. Compared to that, H is worth nothing.

I own a number of scarves, but don't have an H bag yet either (saving my pennies). I do enjoy seeing everything that's out there and congratulating those who are lucky enough to have them! Hugs to you and your family! :smile:

PM me anytime if you like. My son, Oscar, has Down Syndrome and Autism so I can fully understand the day to day challenges parents with special needs children go through.

Cyberhugs to both Amy & Cal:heart::heart::heart:. Cal, I think your son is very lucky to have such a good mom. Reading through some of your previous posts, i understand you've got a great sense of humour. A little laugh here, a little h there plus a little tPF action can really brighten up your day.

legaldiva--Post!! How can we learn more about or share our appreciation of H if we don't post? The ladies here have been very kind and welcoming.

Which is why I love this subforum so much! I've never experienced such a "civilized," caring and kind fashionista crowd before ... this thread truely speaks to that!

:heart:

^^^ Absolutely agree, legaldiva, and I look forward to your future posts!

Amytude and Cal, you are heroes :heart: and the call on your lives is enormous. I know you'll be showered with the very best of everything because of your commitment and sacrifice.

As the other posters have said, you're so right to prioritize your son's needs over tangible belongings. You'll never regret doing that. Hopefully you'll get to a more comfortable point sometime in the future.

I'm new to Hermes so I don't own anything yet. I've started a savings account just to save for the Kelly bag I want so I can make it happen. I may begin with a vintage bag as well as a good cost alternative.

Good luck to you!

Sincere BIG HUGS to your precious DS!

I'm glad you put "Family" First..then other things such as H purchase. Hermes purchase is BIG..and sometimes needs planning, budget and a little sacrifice (ie..working a lot..etc).I know you will obtain your dream Kelly soon. In the meantime..our precious family is our priorities.

Family First.

I believe in delayed gratification, therefore after all the hard work, patience and waiting...it's all worth it. It just makes that H Kelly/Birkin/HAC more "Meaningful"!!