Is there anyone else out there that is sticking to the older b-bags?

I haven't had the honor of meeting an older bag and would love to own one just from the descriptions of the leather on this board. However, I don't have the patience to search them out so my "instant gratification" gene compels me to buy current season bags. I'd love to own a black first with flat hardware.

I love all the b-bags colors, honestly. I only started loving balenciaga after seeing christina's rouge theatre purse. I now am really craving the giant hardware bags, but I still dream of a rouge theatre and a pale rose in new condition, unlikely but a girl can dream.

I have to say I prefer the newer bags. Mostly because my favorite styles are the day and mini bowling. The day wasn't started until spring of 05 and I don't like most of the colors from that season. The two exceptions being dolma green and turquoise.

I did own a lilac 04 city and I currently own a black day from spring of 05 and I honestly don't see much of a difference between them and newer bags with nicer leather. In fact, I like the leather on my bordeaux better than both of those bags. Same with my sandstone city. Maybe its because I love the gloss - it just makes the colors pop!

I'm not much of a pink, purple, yellow or orange bag kinda gal so maybe that's why I'm not crazy over the old colors. Give me red, blue, green, tan, brown, grey and I'm happy.

I have never seen a bbag older than 06. So I can't really make a definite decision. I am completely in love with my 07 city. I bought it in Feb and use it all the time and the leather has become so soft and smooshy. I love it more now than when I bought it. I am absolutely no help because I like the new and old colors.

I had 5 06er bags from fall and spring but sold 2 of them. Now I have 2 05er bags(magenta first and turquoise city) and even though the leather is really nice I like my rv work from 06 better because the leather feels thicker.
For me it's not about the year, it's more about the individual bag leather- and colourwise.When I fall in love with a colour I make sure that I get the softest and thickest leather possible.
I won't say that I never get a newer bag. I probably will get a black city this fall.