Is there anyone else out there that is sticking to the older b-bags?

I do both. I love the GH and the colors this season but I don't want to overdo it so much that I get sick of it. The RH actually suits my lifestyle more and the older leathers are incredible. I agree with Fayden on the Anthracite, it's leather reminds me a lot of the earlier leathers.....it's very thick, soft and wrinkly without vein. I like the new Aqua but it seems the color and leather are hit or miss. So, I'm holding out for a 05 Turquoise and I'll probably search for an older yellow and eggplant vs going with the new fall colors. I'll definitely splurge on something with Silver GH though.....probably a flat clutch. (of course this is all subject to change ;)

I love both old and new colors equally. I think that in 3-4 years, brights such as FB and VG are going to be admired as much as pumpkin and eggplant are now, though they will probably be easier to find due to greater availability.

I have one 04 bag, three 05 bags, one 06 bag, and two 07 bags -- an even distribution of new and old, and I love them all! And to be honest, after the bags are broken in, I can't tell a huge difference in leather quality across the years....they all turn out thick and smooshy after some wear! (at least mine have!)

i do love the older bags!

but they are getting harder and harder to find in good condition.. and i have a thing about good condition.

Although i dont have any, i do like the leather in the current season very much.. seems to be really great,, and seems to have moved away from the veinier leathers that we saw in 06. although its just personal taste. not saying veins are bad.

the thing i will say is that my flat brass just feels sort special to carry, it has a handcrafted feel to it that the newer bags seem to lack..

so for me.. if i could put my finger on the big difference between the older bags and the new ones, it is a certain handcrafted feel vs. a factory made feel. and i guess that happened when Bal started to produce larger quantities of bags.

I'm right there with ya, Becca! I love looking at pics of the GH and the newer colors, but none of it feels right for me. But it will always be the older bags that have my heart.

i came to b-bags late in the game and my first bag was a white 06 DAY. that was all i needed to start the addiction! now i buy depending on the style and/or color i like regardless of the year. i do have a few older bags, but the newer bags i have feel like silk - thick and "smooshy"

i find it impossible to get my hands on any of the older bags i like without breaking the bank! but, just like life, one day (or b-bag) at a time :graucho:

Just b/c everyone says the leather is soo nice on the older bags I'd LOVE the have one.. BUT I don't know how to go about getting one unless it's off ebay :s and that freaks me out.

I know some places online sell them.. but the going price seems to be doubled for a USED bag, which I can't handle - esp. sight unseen :s

Depending on trending sales, if the motorcycle bags continue to sell well, all they have to do is manufacture new colors. It would make sense for Balenciaga to branch out into other lines of bags- as they are already doing so but without too much success.

Just like Gucci's signature canvas and Louis Vuitton's monogram pattern, I do hope this motor style will be its classic trend and they can try different styles every so often.

The reason why I've stuck with classic colors is because JUST IN CASE Balenciaga disappears from the fashion scene, at least I have regular colored bags that I can still use without looking TOO dated. This is my little investment philosophy behind my bBag collection.

Then again, fashion is fashion. One can't really expect his/her handbag collection to be trendy all the time. But if the brand is well built (I hope so), there is still value to owning its articles.