Is there an online data storage company???

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I have a VERY LARGE music collection about 300 gigs. Right now I store it all on an external hard drive. I back it up on a second external every few months. I was hoping that I could find an online site that I could upload a copy of my music just in case something happened to my house and both my hard drives were destroyed. Is there such a site? Of course I am looking for a place that is not super expensive.

2. There are lots of them. I actually just got a free one year subscription with my new computer. So the service that I am using is specific to the brand of computer that I have (not that it matters).
    You might want to check out this link for some reviews. It's through cnet.com, which is fairly reliable for computer reviews, etc.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13515_3-9736064-26.html

3. i just started using Mozy.com a couple months ago. it's only $5 per month.
    although it's for backing up your entire computer but i think you can specify certain folders only?

4. Thanks!!!

I need a site that I can store about 300 gigs worth of music.

Most of them have lower storage space

5. I believe Carbonite and Mozy both have unlimited space. But it's going to take a very long time to transfer 300 gigs

6. I use Mozy. It is $4.95 a month for unlimited storage space. I chose this one because it was one of the few that let you backup external drives. I backup on a daily basis the files from my husbands and my computer to an external drive. Then every other day I let the online backup run overnight. Every few months I run into a glitch but once I engage Mozy support it is fixed in a day or two. Early on I did a few test restores of a few files and it was fine.

One of the options for the backup is for faster computer of faster backup. I leave mine on faster backup which pretty much renders the computer unusable while the backup is running. It is fine since I let it run while I am asleep and I don't have it running from my primary computer. The external drive is connected to a secondary computer we have that doesn't get used much.

Your initial backup will take forever, perhaps a week or more. I think we have about 187 GB backed up.

Hope this helps.

7. I use mypdv.com, it is simple to use and very secure. you just have to register and there you go.