Is there an age limit on wearing "Pochettes"?

LVlifer

Feb 23, 2016
Do you think older women can wear "Pochettes" such as the Pochette Feliciie,Pochette Accessoires, or small cross body handbags such as the Pallas Clutch, etc? How old is" too old" to wear them? Could they look childish on an older woman?

Do you think older women can wear "Pochettes" such as the Pochette Feliciie,Pochette Accessoires, or small cross body handbags such as the Pallas Clutch, etc? How old is" too old" to wear them? Could they look childish on an older woman?

No that's never even occurred to me. They are just small bags for those occasions where you just need small. And by the way I was in the LV store this week in NM and the sales associates wear Pochette cross body and they told me that they are required to wear the bags and it doesn't belong to them. Both salespeople were women in their 40s, one late 40s I would say, and it looked fantastic. One was in a black pantsuit and it looked very sophisticated and appropriate.

I'm in my 40s and love my nm pochettes. I do remove the short strap, and prefer to use them with a chain or crossbody leather strap. I don't think that is an age thing, just my preference for comfort and hands free.

Reactions: prepster
No that's never even occurred to me. They are just small bags for those occasions where you just need small. And by the way I was in the LV store this week in NM and the sales associates wear Pochette cross body and they told me that they are required to wear the bags and it doesn't belong to them. Both salespeople were women in their 40s, one late 40s I would say, and it looked fantastic. One was in a black pantsuit and it looked very sophisticated and appropriate.
It's all in how you style it and wear it.

NM in USA? Where at in NM because I have yet to find a LV in NM?

New Jersey. Short hills has 2 lv stores. One free standing and one in NM.

Go on lv website for listing of stores. I bet there are more in NM somewhere.

Nevermind, you mean Neiman Marcus (NM), not New Mexico (NM). :facepalm: I was all excited there might have been a new one that literally just popped up in New Mexico. LOL. Back to the thread. Sorry everyone, got excited for a moment and my wallet just cringed a little thinking a LV in NM.

Reactions: prepster and MoyJoy
Nevermind, you mean Neiman Marcus (NM), not New Mexico (NM). :facepalm: I was all excited there might have been a new one that literally just popped up in New Mexico. LOL. Back to the thread. Sorry everyone, got excited for a moment and my wallet just cringed a little thinking a LV in NM.

This cracked me up! I thought New Mexico too until she said Jersey. I trekked to the Neiman's there for a Prada bag that was only in stock in black in that store.

I think there are LV bags that are more suited for mature women. But I DON'T think any bags are too young for anyone. If I saw an 80 year old with a Race Petite Malle Clutch it would probably make my day.

Reactions: litchi and prepster