is there a way to remove the smell from black jeans?

I have a lot of True Religion, Hudson, etc. and they don't have that smell. The Hudson's sometimes stain a little when you first wear them...but the problem goes away after washing.

The laundry detergent brand Meyers makes an all purpose cleaner with a lemon verbena scent that is good at cutting smells. I've used it on a pair of workout leggings that smelled of cat urine. Worked on those, not sure if it will fade your jeans or not though.

Also, I once had a faux leather purse that reeked of fish. No matter how many washes, the smell would not come out. It was awful. What ended up doing the trick was filling a paper bag with kitty litter and leaving it in there for a day or two. The litter absorbs the smell. Kind of a funny and weird little trick, but it totally worked.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

The laundry detergent brand Meyers makes an all purpose cleaner with a lemon verbena scent that is good at cutting smells. I've used it on a pair of workout leggings that smelled of cat urine. Worked on those, not sure if it will fade your jeans or not though.

Also, I once had a faux leather purse that reeked of fish. No matter how many washes, the smell would not come out. It was awful. What ended up doing the trick was filling a paper bag with kitty litter and leaving it in there for a day or two. The litter absorbs the smell. Kind of a funny and weird little trick, but it totally worked.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

thanks

I have had this problem too. I put the jeans(inside out) in a bucket of water and a TON of baking soda. I usually leave it for about a week (swishing it around a few times). Then they are fine. It definitely happens with cheaper jeans. I din't know what the issue is, but it is gross. Hope that helps!