Is there a way to get the yellowish twinge out of the lighter bags?

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
Title says it all. The lovely PF member who purchased my sky blue twiggy sent me a pic of the bag in which you could see a yellowish hue on the back of the bag. It was something I never even noticed. I have left a message for a manager of Bal NY to call me back. Does anyone have any ideas for how to properly clean a bag and if that comes out?

TIA! :smile:

becca, yellow is a tough one... it is not dirt but fading of the color unevenly ....i wouldnt recommend dying the bag bc the texture will not be the same... i once purchased a bal bag that had been on display for a long time and that was what happened. i didnt do anything but enjoy the bag. good luck, i hope you can find an answer.:heart:

Becca, would you mind posting the photo's that I emailed you. The yellow/ green marks are not in an even pattern, or all over the bag. Perhaps it is dye transfer, or something spilled on the bag?
I am considering sending it off to http://www.lovingmybag.com to see if they can remove them professionally as it is quite noticeable. But it could cost up to $85 excluding shipping for this service : (

I wish you well,

Bridget

Oh Snap!! I was going to send the bag to be professionally cleaned but decided to try (of all things) Coach's brand of leather cleaner. That $8 bucks saved my $1000 handbag! The stains are *completelycompletely* gone! I can't believe it. There was no colour stripped. I used a white cloth so I would be able to see if there was any stripping, you can see the greenish colour of whatever was on the bag on a tiny bit of the cloth, but no blue on the rest of it. I am so happy! I will recheck it in the sunlight tomorrow, but in the lamplight it looks fabulous! According to the cleaner instructions, I must wait 30 minutes, then I will condition it, then AG the hell out of it to keep it pristine. I also did the strap which I will try out with the Apple Care conditioner, and AG spray. Just in case there *could* be a chemical reaction! I'm so glad I tried it!! Oh so happy. I will introduce her tomorrow : )

Thanks for your help Becca, you went beyond by calling BalNY and posting here. You also sent the bag out the morning after the auction ended (Friday and I received it today, Monday!)

I wish you well,

Bridget