Is there a way o get paid with PayPal and avoid chargeback?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The reason I'm asking is because when you request money from PayPal there's the service and cash advance option to request it. I need to know because my ex just told me he can send me money thru PayPal for my daughter but I just don't trust him and I want to request it the safest way.

So if I request the money thru cash advance, can they still file a chargeback? :shrugs:

2. If you do an instant transfer with the bank account (and not use a credit card), I don't think you can do a chargeback.

Tell him to link his bank account and do an instant transfer that way.

3. I've sent money to my mom that way, because we sell a lot of items on eBay jointly. So instead of writing her a check and having her go to the bank, it's the easy (and lazy!) way of doing things.

4. If he send funds from a cc he can do a chargeback, but if he sends you funded paypal from a bank account, I don't think he can get it back on a whim. If you have an upgraded account you will be charged a fee for receiving money, no matter how its funded. I have 2 Paypal accounts for this reason, when I sell on other sites I ask for funded PayPal only, no credit card and I never incur fees but it is a personal acct. For eBay I have a business account which incurs fees no matter where the $$ comes from.
    Hope that helps.
    Cheers,