Is there a problem with buying pre loved ?

Do you have a problem with people buying pre loved items?

• Not at all

Votes: 215 94.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Other comment

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
I actually get jealous lol how lucky to have found such a great piece in fantastical condition!!

I also own some preloved items myself. I have a vintage keepall 45 and trousse 19 and a montsouris gm on its way!!!

Reactions: wimp
I'm looking to buy a pre-loved bag in great condition, so I see nothing wrong with it. I'm just so nervous of buying a fake! But for those bags listed only $200-$300 under the retail price, I'm like why bother when you can buy new? Guess it depends on what style you are looking for etc. For me, I would love to own a multicolor bag or accessory, so those you can only find used.

I do have a question about Fashionphile, why don't they list date codes? I'm interested in knowing that about a bag before I purchase something used. I find their site to be pretty annoying! Lol.

I'm looking to buy a pre-loved bag in great condition, so I see nothing wrong with it. I'm just so nervous of buying a fake! But for those bags listed only $200-$300 under the retail price, I'm like why bother when you can buy new? Guess it depends on what style you are looking for etc. For me, I would love to own a multicolor bag or accessory, so those you can only find used.

I do have a question about Fashionphile, why don't they list date codes? I'm interested in knowing that about a bag before I purchase something used. I find their site to be pretty annoying! Lol.
They usually have pictures of the date codes posted with the item, but if not you can call them and they'll gladly give it to you and answer any questions

Reactions: nwhite
I just wanted to chime in and say that I too buy preloved and see nothing wrong with others doing (or not doing so) - to each his/her own :amuse: I also consign my items and enjoy finding a great bargain every now and then. I bought my first LV (Eva clutch) gently used, I loved the style, but it had already been discontinued - that got me hooked!

All of my contemporary designer bags are new as is my prized Chloe Lexa. I did just try my hand at buying second hand though. Rare seasonal color impossible to find brand new (unless you want to pay full price) got about a %35 discount and bag is listed in pristine condition. Can't wait to receive her. I've been drooling over this bag since last year but had to save to afford it :smile:

Nope, I don't think there is nothing wrong with buying pre-loved. That's how I've made purchases for my daughter.
However, I do think that if your truly a lover of LV, you should have ' the experience' of walking in to a boutique and purchasing a handbag etc.. Really, there is no better feeling[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Walking into the Chloe boutique and walking out with my brand new bag was a wonderful feeling. Im gald I got to experience that before buying second hand online (got me a pale pink Antigona in pristine condition for great price). I will love both bags equally thoigh...who cares as long as the bag is real IMO.

Buying preloved should not be an issue for anyone.I recently made my first LV boutique purchase.I got Neverfull GM Azur and couple of days ago discover one Pappillon Damier Ebene 30, in a mint condition together with the pouchette (not sure of the spelling [emoji6]) so I got it.Im exited to receive it.Bags looked like new and was at least 50% less then the original price.

There's nothing wrong with it but I'm a really paranoid person and I would be worrying all the time whether the bag that I purchased is real or not.. its just not worth the worrying for me. I'd rather buy it at the boutique/online and 100% know that it's the real deal

Reactions: yy_bubu and daysha
I'm a very pedantic and somewhat price-conscious buyer, I buy something only because I specifically want that precise item. That's why I recently ordered my first LV, the Saumur 35, pre-loved from Vestiaire.

I wanted a satchel for everyday use and as LV doesn't make the Saumur at the moment, buying pre-loved was my only option. Added bonus was, that the vachetta already has patinae on it, as I'm really not that much into the bright new vachetta :biggrin:

I've also been on the lookout for a Neverfull GM in monogram, but the prices of pre-loved are so close to new ones (995 euros here in Finland with the pochette) I'll probably end up buying that one from the boutique.

So, old or new, no problem here!

Reactions: LovinDesigner