Is there a price you WON'T pay or that makes you hesitate?

The most I paid was 2300$ for my resissue and that's about the highest I would go at the moment but thank god there isn't anything out there which I want to have so I'm safe for now.

I cut it off at anything over $2100 without tax..........if i only had a few Chanels it would be a higher price limit, but i am a quantity as well as quality girl, so its gotta be lower..actually all my Chanels are under $2000 except for the Luxe Bowler which is $2160 w/o tax

maybe its better to be non-quantity, then i could have a $2800 Cotton Club mini reporter and an Expandable and the Chanel shooting star series diamond jewelry and a Hermes Birkin!!

:P

The trick is to look at the price in another currency ^_~ Everything seems cheaper in ££££ and euros = the reason why I'm always ruined when shopping in those countries.

The most I have paid is $2222 for my Cambon Reporter - and that was the sale price! Next in line is the Luxury Bowler at $2160. The Luxury Flap in my avatar was a gift from my sister.

All the others were under $2K before tax. My cap is $2K but I would exceed that by a couple hundred/few hundred for the right bag. Chanel has increased prices for spring/summer and at the same time, cut corners by using cloth lining versus leather for example. I expected the expandable flaps to be lined in leather like the classic flaps. So, if I'm gonna shell out upwards of $2K, the bags had better be as nice as my Luxury ligne!

I guess it depends. I never thought the average price of a bag would be $1k but that's not even average anymore. I just purchased my most expensive bag for $2300! Yikes still can't believe I did it. This was the first time I had to ask DH for some help. Being a stay at home mom, my funds are limited (for bags, shoes etc..) to whatever I can earn on ebay. I hate to dip into family finances for this kind of stuff. Clothes are different though :yes: . Thank goodness my hubby understands my obsession. He didn't even think twice about saying yes. Can't wait to get my baby cabas:yahoo: :yahoo:

I completely agree with Seahorse--I can remember when buying a Coach was a rush... then I graduated up to Prada and LV--and when a bag was $1000 I would gasp.

Once I leaped to Chanel, I am pretty Okay in the $1500-$2000 range, once it goes over $2000 I get a little shaky. I haven't exceeded $2500 yet, and I only have one bag that was over $2000 ($2350, Mod. Chain Tote). So I would say, $1500-$2000 is my comfort zone. $2500 is the limit (for now). :yes:

I was just thinking this before I started reading it! I feel the same way. But now that the prices are going up... who knows? I'm an addict. :smile:

I just ordered my black jumbo caviar flap with gold hardware so for now my price limit is $2,250 (w/o tax). I had to do major deep breathing on this price point since the most I ever spent before was $1680 each for my pink medallion tote and my black GST --- bought at different times, so the impact wasn't that bad. LOL

There was a time when spending $400 for a Coach bag was a big deal for me! Back then I thought, "Who in their right minds would shell out over $1K for a bag?"

Well, well, well. I guess my mind is not right! LOL Since I got into LV and Chanel last year, the "cheapest" price for any of my bags is $1290 (w/o tax).

I hope the Hermes bug doesn't bite me.....:P

There was a time when spending $400 for a Coach bag was a big deal for me! Back then I thought, "Who in their right minds would shell out over $1K for a bag?"

Well, well, well. I guess my mind is not right! LOL Since I got into LV and Chanel last year, the "cheapest" price for any of my bags is $1290 (w/o tax).

I hope the Hermes bug doesn't bite me.....:P

I completely agree! I couldn't fathom the thought of ever spending more than $1K on a bag. I thought it was insane.

....And now I find myself not even thinking twice about purchasing a $1500 bag. In fact, that would be a "bargain". Crazy! I guess my limit would be around $2300 right now, since I'm about to purchase a red flap that's $2250. It would be the most I've spent yet.