Is there a price you WON'T pay or that makes you hesitate?

most i've spent on one bag is the metallic luxe flap at $2250.
hmmmm, i really, really want a patent luxe flap for $2750 and i'm resisting bc of the price, so for now, $2250 is my limit...:yes:
disclaimer: this is subject to change at a moment's notice and in the event of an impulsive buy, the above shall deemed be null and void.:P

I don't know coz I never fall in love with any bags over a thousand pounds before (I guess around $2000). My mostly expensive bag is my baby cabas in white, a Botaga Veneta bag and Louis Vuitton MC speedy. In reality, some of those expensive bag might made of those croc, snake or have loads of details in them which I don't prefer to have one too.

I've gone slightly over $2K for Chanel, but those were the exceptions ... and I haven't yet (YET) crossed to $2500 so that's probably my personal line in the sand right now. :shrugs: But if the past is any indication, I am lousy at setting long-term limits, I'm probably only one 'dream bag' away from a higher price point!

usually I stay at the 2500 price range...but I had to bend for my Birkin...all I want is a Kelly and I'll be comfortable with Hermes bags for a long time...I'll always buy Chanel...I still want croc Hermes and Chanel in the future!!!

No price limit. If I *really* want it, I'd probably buy it. Although, I guess you could say I'm on a self-imposed purse ban right now. (Not that I've ever actually spent my own money on a Chanel). I'm saving up for a house and -perhaps- another car. While it would be nice to just go hog-wild on Chanel and Hermes at the mall, I'd rather drop 25K on a down payment for my first house. So, I guess the question becomes: what's more important, the house or the purse? I already have a Chanel purse. I do not have a house. (My parents' houses do not count).

My limit is 2Kusd for Chanel...but for some reason I can be flexible on it? ahh. I need to step back and become rational a lot of the time. =(

For LV my limit used to be $1200...but since then I can only justify $1k, same goes for other brands.

I'm scared for myself the day I get into Hermes.

Me too. I sometimes sneak a peek in the Hermes forum and it does NOT bode well for my bank account...

*breathes a huge sigh of relief*
Oh thank god for this thread. I'm really, REALLY new to high end bags, and I'm still looking around for one to invest in. Yesterday I went to the trunk show at Neiman Marcus totally by accident. I just wanted to take a peek and noticed that they were having a Chanel trunk show and I thought it was perfect that I ended up there. I actually got to try on several of the bags I've seen in catalogs/online and see how they felt/looked. I totally loved the SA and he was amazingly candid with me about what he thought looked good on me and what didn't work at all and what was just "OK". He agreed that the bag I fell in love with was the most perfect for me but when I found out the price I almost hit the floor. $3,200! Oh it's so beautiful, but I choked. I admit, I'm still mulling it over, but oh my gosh! I'm glad that this thread has made me realize that that really IS a huge amount of money. Even for a beautiful Chanel. :sweatdrop:

My limit used to $500+++, but after discovering TPF, now i think the max i'd pay would be $1.8-2k :wtf: but i'm usually fairly disciplined, anything that costs more than that, i walk away.

My limit is $2000, despite putting myself on the list for the $2495 lux bowler and $2395 expandable. But they will have to be extra special for their beauty to assuage a kick reflex. I've eyed jewelry that's much less than that.