is there a popular chanel style that you just don't get?

Actually I don't like the reissue's.... and the paris biarritz ligne...but that's personal!
We all have our own style...luckily there are more than one style of chanel purses!! Love that!!

The Cambon and the Coco Cabas. I actually bought a bronze (khaki?) Cabas and returned it - the color just made me look washed out and the style did nothing for me.

However, I have seen the Cabas and the Cambon look terrific on others, so I guess that it's not that I don't get the style, it's that those particular styles did nothing for me given my coloring, my wardrobe, etc. I think a more apt question may be "Are there any Chanel styles that don't work with your wardrobe or your height?"

Cambon ....

I remember my first time walking into a Chanel boutique ... I think I was like 19 or so? And I :heart:'d the Cambons! But after a while I think it was all the knock offs that really made me turn away. They are great bags just not for me.

There have been and I'm sure will be in the future many Chanel bags that I don't get, wouldn't own. I look at some and laugh; others seem downright ugly and not worthy of the Chanel brand. Others make my heart yearn to hold, to own. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and cudos that the company has expanded the line to suit customers at any age group. I always enjoy looking at them either here, in mags or better yet IRL.

Yes, there are a few. But why in the world would I come on a thread that will be read by all the nice posters who have helped me out a bunch of times, and love their favorite bags as much as I do, and take even the slightest chance I would hurt their feelings or dis their new, loved, expensive bags? If I didn't like and didn't buy a bag, the story is over for me. Too many other potential topics to discuss.

I'd just like to add that I don't think this thread was meant to be controversial or to hurt anyone's feelings in any way, I guess that was why it was worded the way it was, instead of perhaps "a chanel style that you hate" or something.

Just because someone doesn't "get" the style of a bag doesn't mean she thinks any less of anyone who has that bag. And I totally agree that people just have different styles and likes/dislikes, hey one man's meat is another man's poison right?

I also like to think that the lovely and helpful gals on this forum understand that the opinions on this thread are just personal opinions, and are not meant to diss or insult anyone, or to hurt their feelings in any way whatsoever!:heart: (ok I didn't start this thread, but was reading that some gals weren't really comfortable with it)

I'd just like to add that I don't think this thread was meant to be controversial or to hurt anyone's feelings in any way, I guess that was why it was worded the way it was, instead of perhaps "a chanel style that you hate" or something.

Just because someone doesn't "get" the style of a bag doesn't mean she thinks any less of anyone who has that bag. And I totally agree that people just have different styles and likes/dislikes, hey one man's meat is another man's poison right?

I also like to think that the lovely and helpful gals on this forum understand that the opinions on this thread are just personal opinions, and are not meant to diss or insult anyone, or to hurt their feelings in any way whatsoever!:heart:

thank you shiny_hair. I never post with the intention to hurt other ppl's feelings.
Most of us love our bags, despite what the forum feels about it. just becuase someone says they don't "get it", it definitely wouldn't hurt my feelings. i am the owner of a cambon tote, which i know quite a number of ppl don't fancy, but that's fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I don't care for the "novelty" bags that Chanel comes out with from time to time, such as those with patterns or prints (hearts, baby animals, airplanes) or those with charms on them. I also don't care for pink bags. JMO

Personally, I think these sorts of bags only "work" on a very young woman, maybe under 21 or perhaps 25. I can't see why a grown woman would want to carry such a bag--or spend so much money on one. Maybe I'm just too old and cranky! :nuts: I want my bags to be chic and glam, not cutesy.

ditto...feel the same way:yes:

I agree about the novelty bags--animals, charms, etc.--none of that stuff for me. Also, I don't care for the perfo look, whether it's Chanel, LV, BV, etc.--I just don't get it.

The great thing about Chanel is that they have brought out so many different styles through the years and still do.

There really is a style for everyone's needs IMO. Just look at all the different kinds of flaps, totes and bowlers, travel and sport ligne.
All kinds of leather, fabrics, colors and shapes, the list goes on and on.

Some styles you will fall in love with immediately, some will grow on you and some never will. I know what I like and dislike. But when I see other members wearing and modeling their new found bags, being all excited and proud, who cares if I'm not fond of it? I'm just happy and excited for them and at the end of the day it is still a Chanel. That's all that matters.

i'm more of a classic girl and normally don't purchase the trendier/seasonal bags. that being said, i still love those pieces--i think they look fabulous on other gals (just not on me)!