is there a popular chanel style that you just don't get?

I like/love most Chanels, but don't care for the Cambon line at all. Also not a fan of the perfo collection or the original vinyl Cabas (but I do love the leather and baby ones!)

Sorry, but just don't get the totes...however I luv luv luv the vinyl Cabas! It is truly hip and cutting edge and will be remembered as the prototype for the "big bag" craze that is going on. The rest of the totes just look like Grandmas bag to me and should have some knitting hanging out of it :graucho: LOL

(Sorry, don't hit me with that tote, Grandma!)

Baby animals look ridiculous and who would want to pay that price for something that makes you look like a pre-teen?

i don't know, there are many specific chanel's i'll see from time to time that i don't exactly fancy

i didn't like those ones that had CHANEL on them instead of the CC logo (just looks odd to me... like something that would be stamped on a fake) AND, i dont really care for anything they have in denim -i've seen so many styles which were in leather vs. denim, and the denim looks worse to me even though its the SAME style (ex. i own the luxe bowler in black and i know someone w/ a denim, and i don't care for her bag... but i LOVE mine!!)

and anything that is printed cloth -i don't get spending that much money on something that is printed cloth or denim, even if it is chanel

sorry to any :heart:33'ers of denim and printed chanels, JMO...!

It seems that just when I accept that I just "dont get it" I end up getting it. I felt that way about the reissue. I was immune to it. Ended up getting two!

Me too! :smile: I had always been opposed to the cambon ligne, but fell in love with the patent cc version and ended up getting the large black tote which I use all the time. And, when the luxe ligne came out, I just "didn't get it" either for the longest time (especially for the price!!), but now I'm dying to get a hold of a red medium bowler!

This thread makes me a bit uneasy. I echo someone's comments above that the wonderful thing about Chanel is that there is a bag for everyone! I love to celebrate everyone's individual bag taste. I would hate to hurt someone's feelings because I don't happen to "get" their bag.
PS for all you Cambon owners, I love them (have two myself)! Baby Animal bag lovers--wear proudly (kisses to Claudia), vinyl cabas girls, love your edgy style!, tote toters, love them too--that is most of my collection and I am not a Grandma yet but hopefully will be someday :smile:, .....

^ITA. There truly is a Chanel for everybody. And sometimes there is a bag you would never carry and then you see it in real life and fall in love. You never know.

Also I don't really care for one of the new styles. I forget the name. Madison maybe? It's a flap bag that some people say looks like a ...., well a schlong. :lol:

Here is the weenus bag (as it has been previously called):
ChanelTrunkShow.jpg

This thread makes me a bit uneasy. I echo someone's comments above that the wonderful thing about Chanel is that there is a bag for everyone! I love to celebrate everyone's individual bag taste. I would hate to hurt someone's feelings because I don't happen to "get" their bag.
PS for all you Cambon owners, I love them (have two myself)! Baby Animal bag lovers--wear proudly (kisses to Claudia), vinyl cabas girls, love your edgy style!, tote toters, love them too--that is most of my collection and I am not a Grandma yet but hopefully will be someday :smile:, .....
what a lovely thing to say....:flowers:
i'm too new to chanel to have any lines i'm excluding....taking a gander at them all:wlae: ...trying to keep an open mind...now if my wallet were as open as my mind, we'd be set!:P

I actually :heart::heart: the Cambon ligne and the vinyl cabas :shame: Different but still very Chanel to me. I think the baby animals is cute too!

I probably wont be spending my money on the naked bags and the denim cabas. i am more of a leather-bag girl :P and i am definitely not used to the idea of having the whole world know what i have in my bag :lol: