is there a place here that is legal to post our ebay ids?

I really think it's sort of silly to do post counts, a lot of posters post comments that don't really contribute to the thread like 'I LOVE IT!!!' when 50 other people before them already said the same thing (not that that's a bad thing!), but I personally tried to keep my posts longer to at least give a little contribution or in the very least express my opinion and give a reason why I like/dislike something.

For example, in college they tried to make you do essays or papers with a word count, and honestly I just created a situation where people wrote in a more wordy manner than usual.

This is so off topic. Yes that's true, but if they don't keep count of the post, they would have to read the posts made by everyone who wants to join the MP... Oh, I did that at school too. :smile:

yes but the more posts you have it means you're here and contributing in some way to the general community. even if the posts are short like congrats! that's awesome! the general feeling is you're here, reading, and pretty interested in what people have to say.... kwim?

yes but the more posts you have it means you're here and contributing in some way to the general community. even if the posts are short like congrats! that's awesome! the general feeling is you're here, reading, and pretty interested in what people have to say.... kwim?

Absolutely, it's those little 'small talk' comments that convey warmth, excitement, interest, surprise etc - we wouldn't want to get by without them in real life, so I'd hate to see people stop these posts!

I really think it's sort of silly to do post counts, a lot of posters post comments that don't really contribute to the thread like 'I LOVE IT!!!' when 50 other people before them already said the same thing (not that that's a bad thing!), but I personally tried to keep my posts longer to at least give a little contribution or in the very least express my opinion and give a reason why I like/dislike something.

silly or not, it's the rule!

Seriously though, don't you think Vlad scans people's posts prior to granting access?
The Marketplaza is VERY protected.
If someone has 200 posts that say "love it!" I doubt they'll get in.

I agree with all the other thoughts on here that it's best to keep Ebay IDs private. Should things go wrong in an Ebay auction involving tPF members, it could very well boil over to unnecessary tension on tPF as well.

photoobsessive, you joined in october like I did, but I have about a quarter of your post count! Clearly I don't talk enough. :Push: Thought I post this useless comment to increase my post count. lol

and now i shall do the same...... just kidding.

Im addicted! it both keeps my bank account in better shape, and in worse. I buy FAR less, but the ticket items are much higher!

Absolutely, it's those little 'small talk' comments that convey warmth, excitement, interest, surprise etc - we wouldn't want to get by without them in real life, so I'd hate to see people stop these posts!

I totally agree and realized when I read Miss Sooky's post why I so enjoy the threads. So I'm going to make an effort to contribute more. :yahoo:

its not my call whether or not posts should count, but i do understand how the mods would use it to see what kind of contributer you are.
i have plenty of i love it posts, but then again, ive got quite a few informative pieces. just participate, don't make posts your goal, and have too much fun for one forum!

Oh, don't get me wrong. Counting and/or reading the posts someone makes is really the only way to gauge someone is trustworthy or not.

Even if someone sold everything that was authentic on another venue, they have to contribute something to this forum before they can enter the MP.

I just think it's silly to count the NUMBER of posts. But I am sure they judge the content too. :yes:

it's all cumulative:yes: can't just have a crazy high # of posts only, you have to have a 'presence' sort of. It's a privilege, one we don't take lightly.

I agree with all the other thoughts on here that it's best to keep Ebay IDs private. Should things go wrong in an Ebay auction involving tPF members, it could very well boil over to unnecessary tension on tPF as well.
the other reason is because it would afford a false sense of security.
We find a lot of people mention in their eBay listings that they're a member here, meanwhile, they're listing counterfeits:sad: they mention us to legitimize themselves.

KWIM?

the other reason is because it would afford a false sense of security.
We find a lot of people mention in their eBay listings that they're a member here, meanwhile, they're listing counterfeits:sad: they mention us to legitimize themselves.

KWIM?

Do people really do that?? Oh my!!!

I joined in December and missed the 5 month thing in the rules too..lol! Selective reading, I guess..lol...But it was only 100 posts to join then. I pmed and said I would like to get into the MP and gave my Ebay ID. I figured by the time they had a chance to look at me, I would have the 100 posts. Now I see it is 500 :crybaby: but I guess I will have that many by 5 months. Time will tell. I do hope I get in at some point, but I am glad they are making it difficult to keep out those people selling fakes.

It's comforting to know that they are being selective as to who can trade in the marketplace. I hope someday to live up to the expectations necessary to be a treasured member. I'll continue on until then...besides it's fun! Not to mention informative. (And I won't mention costly..oops!)

I list that I'm a TPF member in my auctions and leave it up to potential bidders to ask about my userid. They can then judge for themselves about my contribution to TPF and level of comfort with me.

silly or not, it's the rule!

Seriously though, don't you think Vlad scans people's posts prior to granting access?
The Marketplaza is VERY protected

I appreciate the guideline, because it creates a safer, screened environment.
I think when I do get in I will feel more comfortable because I know the efforts it takes to get in.
jmo