Is there a minimum age for a girl to own LV?

This is such a personal decision. I have two 12 year old daughters. LV isn't on my radar for them for quite some time. I'm thinking college graduation gift IF they are into bags like me. :smile:

I'm currently 18 and I got my first LVs for my 18th birthday as a present to myself. The fund for everything after that was from my pay cheque. So IMO I think any age is ok to own a LV as long as it's you're own hard working money.

I grew up as an only child, and I had everything I've ever wanted. However, in most occasions, I had to earn them, either by doing housework, or getting good grades.
Because I was always provided, I couldn't wait to have the power to buy for my parents, and myself.
So, as long as she/he has the appreciation for the gifts given, I don't think it's too young. Frankly, an LV for some is like Coach for others.
That said, the first LV/designer item I purchased was for my mom (bc I know she'll never buy herself one) while I had a minimum wage part-time job in college.
Then, I awarded myself my first item at my graduation :smile:

Just wanted to give you a :tup:for being an awesome daughter.....=)

I got my 1st LV at 22, before that age I had really never heard of LV because my mom didn't carry it, she was a Liz Claiborne feen and I carried all her hand me downs and Liz Claiborne back then is the equivalent of Micheal Kors. So I don't necessarily think there is an age limit or anything, I guess its up to the parents and what the parents deem as acceptable. For me since I carry LV now, I could totally see myself buying my daughter her 1st LV at 16 as her sweet 16 gift, just like my mom did for me with Liz

I have quite few LV's and my daughter (13years old) already has eye on all of them. I promised to her some day I will let her use them, but not until 17. I will probably let her use Mono speedy 25 to start with, then slowly introduce to Totally pm..Petite Noe and so on.
She is happy with what she finds at Target at this moment, so I will see :smile:

I think if I had a child and they wanted luxury goods, then they would have to earn it on their own. My parents never bought me anything designer growing up and I think I appreciate the things I have now because of that reason. I think it's only fair they learn the value of money and nice things. :P

Personally, I think she should earn the money to buy her own luxury items. It will mean more to her. I bought my first designer bag with my own money, and it was a good learning experience for me. And I plan to buy my first LV with my own money.

I agree with the other poster about using that sort of money towards a better education, lessons, travel, other life enriching experiences.

That is a very personal decision I was an only child and I was taken to LV at the age of 15/16 and told I could pick out what ever I wanted at that time I had no idea what LV was I had just seen an MC noir pochette at the dubai airport and knew I wanted that at that time I believe it was $690 or $790 i don't really remember but I loved that bag and for around seven years it was my only LV bag until I got the bug last year. I was much more into buying clothes and makeup and Juicy or MK bags. I know someone said over here that Adults are more conscious when it comes to brand and I think thats true. This being said I think there is no reason you shouldn't get you're daughter an LV bag at 16 as long as you don't make it a habit of buying them an LV just because it is a Saturday

agree. If i have children i would not buy one for them until they are an adult and can appreciate luxury goods. Personally, i think they are other things a parent should spend on their children - better education, music lessons, travel etc.this is only for me though and i would not judge others if they do so.
+1

in my opinion, adults notice this stuff much more than children or young adults. When i moved into my first college dorm at 18, my roommate had all kinds of material goods. Lv, tiffany, vca, 7 for all mankind jeans...you name it, she had it. I noticed it, but i didnt think anything of it. My mom, on the other hand, noticed it and felt self conscious for me!

This girl was the nicest, most understanding girl ive ever lived with, and i credit her parents for that. She had everything a girl could want, and probably had had everything she could want for many years, but she didnt act like it. *it's all in how you're brought up!!!*
+1

I'm 18 years old and got my first Louis Vuitton item at 16, however this was a gift from my Dad for achieving good results in my GCSE's (The exams you do right before you leave school in the UK)

Every since I've purchased my own items with my own money. I don't think it makes me entitled because I know the value of these items and take care of them. I all think it depends on the person as I would never trust some of my friends or even my family with my Louis Vuitton items.

I believe as long as you teach whomever the item is going to, to be respectful and take care of the item and having this particularly designer item doesn't make them better than anyone else than their age shouldn't matter however I do think it's silly to spend lots of money on a purse for a little girl! :smile:

Last edited:
When we lived in Seattle, my now 7 year old son had a 3 year old girl in his preschool class who had a $800 dollar Gucci backpack. She also wore Tory Burch Reva ballet flats and juicy couture track suits. It used to crack me and a couple of the other mothers up. The poor girl had nothing to look forward to.
I felt like I was splashing out on his monogrammed back pack from pottery barn kids. I'm sure she'd of been happy with a personalised one too! Each to their own, but I think college age is the minimum age for LV