Is there a Louis Vuitton authenticator in Australia

MissMaree11

Aug 20, 2009
Hi Fellow beautiful purse lovers,
H.E.L.P
I recently won at auction on eBay a Louis Vuitton package of a
Louis Vuitton Monogram Mini Lin Croisette Speedy/Rouge and wallet but when they arrived the bag was a replica and the wallet is authentic. I filed a claim with Paypal and was instructed that I required a visual authentification from someone recognised in this field to confirm the bag is not authentic. I emailed Carol Ives @ caroldiva.com and she was wonderfully helpful. I sent her an email with 32 photos of the bag & she did a 13 point authenification on the bag and it was found to be NON-authentic.
I faxed all this information to Paypal within the time frame they provided.
5 days passed and then they emailed me telling me that the bag requires authentification 'IN PERSON'.
I was allowed an additional 10 days to provide this info.I am very eager for help in finding out if there is anyone in Australia that provides a recognised Authentification service' otherwise I have 10 days to send the bag to Carol for hand-held visual authenfication. I paid $485 for the two items and this has been a very expensive and upsetting proccess so I'm desperate for knowledge- does the service of Authenticating highend designer handbags exist in Australia...???
Please help...
missMaree11:biggrin:

Not sure of anyone that can authenticate in Australia; LV stores can tell you about the authenticity although it is company policy that they don't put it in writing.

Can you ring your credit card company and get them to reverse the charge?

eBay forum might be more helpful, I've never heard of a request "in person" and this seems to be a ridiculous number of hoops that someone has to jump through. :s

Well, I would be calling PP back and asking to speak to a supervisor about this "in person" authentication.
To the best of my knowledge, I have never seen anyone here on the ebay forum who filed a SNAD for fake w/ PP have to obtain an in-person authentication. PP has always in the past accepted letters of non-auth from Carol based on photo authentications.
Try calling PP and argue the point that (a) you have not been able to locate anyone in AUS as of yet to do an in-person authentication... (b) LV stores do not do authentications... and (c) in the past PP has repeatedly accepted letters of non-auth from Caroldiva based on photos of the actual items in question.

This is NUTS. Talk nicely, and see if you cannot get PP to change their mind about this in-person authentication requirement.

I'm with the others. I think you have hit an inexperienced PayPal operator. Don't take no for an answer. For example, if you went ahead with their request, you may also hit the lunatic on the LV desk in a shop, who has worked there for 5 minutes and thinks they know every LV style ever produced.

Carol knows what she is doing with LV. She is the service provider many of us rely on. Ring up PayPal. Find out the operators name, then ask to speak to a supervisor.