Is There A Limit To How Much You Will Spend?

I spend what I want on bags ...well..till the hubby confiscates the credit cards..LOL! No seriously,the 2 most expensive bags I have are the chanel lux and the Fendi spy..The spy sat for 3 months in a box cuz I felt so guilty about the price!!LOL!NOW - Ilove it!!

Bravo, Chloehandbags! I can't believe people are actually being this snotty. I mean, as a bigger girl (5'9", size 10) I'd be the first to admit that certain "it" bags don't flatter my figure (I couldn't pull off a little Dior Saddle very well), but I'd never EVER say that girls like me or bigger shouldn't wear It bags!! In fact, there are plenty of It bags that I think flatter lovely curvy girls more than smaller women! Ultimately these catty women on the other forum are judging the worth of a woman by her weight, which is of course asinine :hrmm:

Oh, more on topic, I'm trying not to break the $1K mark on a bag until I finish my degree. But the day I finish my degree, ALL bets are off!! :lol:

chloehandbags said:
What on earth's that all about?

I heard on the news, a few months ago, that people who liked bags were supposed to have a higher IQ than people who liked shoes.

That forum discussion well and truly blows that theory out of the water, doesn't it?! :amazed:

Part of what I like about jewellery and bags, is that I always thought they were non-discriminatory and that anyone could wear a lovely piece of jewellery, or carry a great bag.

I'm youngish and slimish-to-average (5'8" and a U.K. 12/U.S. 6-8), but I like to think that even if I put on a few pounds and as I age, I can still enjoy my accessories!

Those people need to grow up (before they grow old and fat themselves! :lol: ) and stop being so prejudiced. :mad:

This is a very sensible thread, and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. I have used the same bag for 3 years (and it still looks great), so does that make the original price tag ($2,500) any more tolerable? Instead of a new bag every year for $800, I did it in one shot (like taking off a bandaid - ouch! ;)

As for weight and handbags - poo! Nevermind all that foolishness. And for sure a svelte person carrying a purse that they cannot afford is a far bigger snafoo (fiscal and fashion-wise), and I'm probably... no, definitely guilty of that. Damn the lust. Damn it!

CeeJay, you made a good investment when you bought your birkin way back when, and I hope it continues to give you your money's worth. www.topbutton.com lists upcoming sample sales in ny and l.a., so even if they don't post for boston, you can get a head's up for the next time you're traveling to either city.

Ooh, can I ask what bag you're referring to? It's always useful to hear about bags that are super investments like yours :amuse:

HiHeels said:
This is a very sensible thread, and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. I have used the same bag for 3 years (and it still looks great), so does that make the original price tag ($2,500) any more tolerable? Instead of a new bag every year for $800, I did it in one shot (like taking off a bandaid - ouch! ;)

As for weight and handbags - poo! Nevermind all that foolishness. And for sure a svelte person carrying a purse that they cannot afford is a far bigger snafoo (fiscal and fashion-wise), and I'm probably... no, definitely guilty of that. Damn the lust. Damn it!

CeeJay, you made a good investment when you bought your birkin way back when, and I hope it continues to give you your money's worth. www.topbutton.com lists upcoming sample sales in ny and l.a., so even if they don't post for boston, you can get a head's up for the next time you're traveling to either city.

vanojr9 said:
Ooh, can I ask what bag you're referring to? It's always useful to hear about bags that are super investments like yours :amuse:

I'm going to disappoint you by being horribly predictable. It's an Hermes bag. It's not one of their headliners though (birkin or kelly). It is flawless quality, I use it all year round, sun, rain, snow, etc. (the size and shape make it fine for the summer, but the color makes it practical for winter as well). Sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out by having a bag that I cannot afford Not to use - I mean that I don't have the extra $$ for a trendy purse once in a while.

My limit for shoes is $400, $1500 for bags. I don't really buy that many bags - I use bags every day for long periods of time, but for shoes it's hard for me to find my size (size 4.5-5) so unfortunately I'm a little limited in my selection. I do however, spend more money on sparklies, which I need to cut back on and save money so I can buy my dream house :lol:

My bag limit is $2500.00 - except for my Suhali Le Fabs.:love:

The other factor not mentioned is - how many bags per year @ that limit?:blink:
I try to stick to 5, but went over that in 2006.

my limit changes per brand. i would happily spend 7K (if i had it) on a kelly but i'd be hard pressed to spend more than 1K on LV.

for now, my working limit is +/- 1K. it would take a really special bag to push me over that...especially considering it takes months of will power to even save that much.

My limit on a bag is really 1000-1500$, plus it's not that I have limit on spending, I have a limit on savings. I always should have some amount in savings. I I overdo it, I feel comfortable to spend all the rest. However, as a present, I'd be glad to get a Birkin! (or if I suddenly become very rich, I'll buy it!)