Is there a large classic flap?

cammy1

O.G.
Oct 13, 2006
I have been here a while so I should know this- but I just wanna know if there is a large size classic flap. I have done a search and most people here refer to it as meduim/large. So I just wanna know if there were 4 size flaps; mini, meduim, large and jumbo or 3; mini, meduim and jumbo?

Alice From Italy

Proud Member
O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
Near Venezia - Italy
I think there is mini, small, medium, large and jumbo. At least I saw this at the store. Anyway the difference between small/medium/large is very small, I think it's mainly a difference of thickness more than lenght.
I may be wrong and there is no small flap but I recall there is.
Then there is the east/west also.
Have you tried to look at the reference library? It's a very helpful resource!

tampagirl

Apr 17, 2007
Sorry to confuse things here, but I have a what most refer here to as "medium/large". The box it came in says "large" - it definitely isn't a jumbo. When I was at my Saks Chanel, there were three sizes out (of course there could be more, I guess) - the one I got was the medium sized one (the middle size) and it's labeled as "large".

Am I making any sense or just confusing things more?

Pias

O.G.
Sep 17, 2007
Pacific Coast Heaven
There are 4 sizes of classic flaps. There are mini, medium, large and jumbo. You can find all 4 sizes at Chanel boutiques. However, we often see only 3 sizes at the malls. We refer one size smaller than the jumbo as M/L since SAs at Chanel's might call it "Large size" while SAs at the mall normally call it as "Medium size"
I hope this makes sense.

cammy1

O.G.
Oct 13, 2006
Thankyou Pias as I did remeber hearing there was a medium and a large, however I am still not quite sure as Secret shopaholic says she had it confirmed at Chanel that the large was the medium and there was just a jumbo. I am actually no clearer on knowing if there is a medium AND a large classic flap! Really confusing

Luccibag

O.G.
May 11, 2006
Greater NYC area
Its confusing because not all SA's refer to them in the same way. Anyway, here are the classic flaps.

Mini flap

Small flap: 9" bag
It is the black sitting on top of two east west bags

Medium/large flap (10" bag)

Jumbo
Three jumbo bags

sratsey

O.G.
Apr 21, 2006
Those pics are a great reference.
And WOW. Your Red Jumbo with the Bijoux chain is my HG.
LOVVVVVE.

cammy1

O.G.
Oct 13, 2006
THANKYOU Lucci bag! Finally, I now know that there is a large classic flap, that was soo sweet of you to help me x

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
England, UK
THANKYOU Lucci bag! Finally, I now know that there is a large classic flap, that was soo sweet of you to help me x
Just to confuse you even more(!) there isn't a large classic flap. It is the medium/large and then it goes to the jumbo size. It goes: mini, small/medium, medium/large, jumbo.