Is there a lack of classic caviar jumbos in the UK?

UK Chanel prices go up today which is the 19th. That's why everyone is buying like crazy before the price rises.

I was told the waiting list for Jumbos is between 20 to 25 people in Harrods last Sunday.

bebedawl -
>wrote: I'm planning on getting mine at Heathrow at the end of March - what do you think I should do??
A: I haven't tried purchasing at the Heathrow branch but from what I've read here it seems that the best thing to do is to give them a call a few days before you visit Heathrow and ask them if they can put what you want aside for you, on hold. If they don't have stock, they may be able to put you on a waiting list. Probably no point doing this too early in case they can't hold it for you long but it shouldn't hurt to try to do this, say, 5 days in advance, to time it for your arrival. Also, this means that if it is unlikely you can get it from Heathrow, you can at least weigh up whether you want to buy it from a store in London so you can at least make some saving on tax, rather than ending up at Heathrow with nothing, not being able to re-enter into London to make any purchase! Good luck! :smile:

raelene - here is a link to the phone numbers and opening times to some of the stores in London.
http://www.franceinlondon.co.uk/en-Business-in-London-55-Chanel--makeup-accessories.html

I can't guarantee that the info is up-to-date, however, the general trend is that most stores are open around 10am-6pm Mon to Sat (closed Sundays) and the department stores (Harrods, Selfridges) are open later into the evening and on Sundays.

chloe-babe - thanks for your congratulations! Yes, I absolutely love it... think I fell hard for it for a long time before I got 'round to finally getting it! :graucho: I've posted a piccie in the January Purchases thread... they included a S/S09 catalogue and I think I've fallen for a couple of costume jewellery pieces in there as well! whoops....!!!! :Push:

Last edited:
bebedawl -
>wrote: I'm planning on getting mine at Heathrow at the end of March - what do you think I should do??
A: I haven't tried purchasing at the Heathrow branch but from what I've read here it seems that the best thing to do is to give them a call a few days before you visit Heathrow and ask them if they can put what you want aside for you, on hold. If they don't have stock, they may be able to put you on a waiting list. Probably no point doing this too early in case they can't hold it for you long but it shouldn't hurt to try to do this, say, 5 days in advance, to time it for your arrival. Also, this means that if it is unlikely you can get it from Heathrow, you can at least weigh up whether you want to buy it from a store in London so you can at least make some saving on tax, rather than ending up at Heathrow with nothing, not being able to re-enter into London to make any purchase! Good luck! :smile:

raelene - here is a link to the phone numbers and opening times to some of the stores in London.
http://www.franceinlondon.co.uk/en-Business-in-London-55-Chanel--makeup-accessories.html

I can't guarantee that the info is up-to-date, however, the general trend is that most stores are open around 10am-6pm Mon to Sat (closed Sundays) and the department stores (Harrods, Selfridges) are open later into the evening and on Sundays.

chloe-babe - thanks for your congratulations! Yes, I absolutely love it... think I fell hard for it for a long time before I got 'round to finally getting it! :graucho: I've posted a piccie in the January Purchases thread... they included a S/S09 catalogue and I think I've fallen for a couple of costume jewellery pieces in there as well! whoops....!!!! :Push:

Thanks for the advice. I could buy it in London anytime but would seriously rather save some money and get it at Heathrow. I'm not the type of girl who can waltz into Chanel and buy two, three bags at once. I've saved hard and would like it tax free preferably! So thanks! I'll give them a call the week before and get some advice.

Oh ok, I thought you were from overseas when I was writing my message, bebedawl.

I agree, definitely worth trying Heathrow for the saving. How lucky you are to be flying out of Terminal 3 :tup:

^ I know right! Actually when I booked the flights I deliberately swapped airlines so I could have a 10am flight rather than 8:30am. I was like "well Chanel opens at 7 so no way would I have time to purchase and run and board a plane that departs at 8:30! no...lets fly Virgin instead!"

ps. I love your Chanel cupcakes in your av!

Haha. I totally understand - I would've done the same thing. ;) Plus, there's so many other good stores at Terminal 3 you want to max out your time there as much as possible, right? :smile:

Please report back as to what the store is like at T3 and what sort of stock they mostly have.

Thanks - the cupcakes are from a bakery in London - can't remember the name but they have a stall on Kings Rd, near Sloanne Square tube, at the weekends.

Enjoy NYC.... I love it there! Although the exchange rate isn't the best right now, hope you still manage to get some good purchases :jammin:

Hi ladies, i'm sure this has been answered in other threads, but can you order from a Chanel boutique by phone? I live about two hours away from the nearest boutique (just as well, i'd be bankrupt otherwise) and I, like you have been dying to get my hands on a black caviar jumbo!

many thanks, Kate xxx

Hi ladies, i'm sure this has been answered in other threads, but can you order from a Chanel boutique by phone? I live about two hours away from the nearest boutique (just as well, i'd be bankrupt otherwise) and I, like you have been dying to get my hands on a black caviar jumbo!

many thanks, Kate xxx

yes you can ,just give them a call,normally £10 delivery if selfridges london& manchester,not sure what other stores charge