Is there a difference?

They are not supposed to be different. I believe LV does not differentiate by where it is made.
But I think many people prefer made in France products.

Personally If I had a choice, I would choose made in Spain, Italy, or France, over USA.
To be honest, I don’t like the seperate tab that says ‘made in USA of imported materials’

My thinking is... if they are confident and proud of US factory, why they are putting ‘made in USA’ on a separate tab, instead of putting it under ‘Louis Vuitton Paris made in ...’ like they do it with MIF, MII, MIS.

That being said, i would love to hear more about this from experienced TPFers

F7754A31-68E5-4AB9-A7E8-6ADC7052F09C.jpegB4751DC5-3A20-4FCC-A06B-AC47D16E4B5C.jpegFCCA2942-F407-4E51-A9FE-43BA1FB777AD.jpeg

24B6A1C5-BD4C-405B-B385-9523358F2651.jpeg0894C324-AF66-46D7-8351-A26615B88784.jpeg

Reactions: bergafer3
And back to your question about quality difference. I have had 4 made in USA items but for 3 of 4 the quality was underwhelming for me. I liked all other 7 bags and slgs made in France, italy, and spain.

I have never seen a difference in the quality versus where an item is made . The Made in USA was changed because of US law not because of anything Louis Vuitton did or that they are not proud of their product. If most of the materials used to make a bag are imported, US law says that must be stated.

Thanks for the information!

Reactions: cbarrus
Personally, I'm not a fan of the Made in USA LV items. All of my Pochette Metis in empreinte freesia were made in USA and they all had flaws. I wonder if it has something to do with training / craftsmanship pride. I recall an LV interview that was in France of a manufacturing area and how based on their experience / years (seniority?) they will advance into my challenging and custom pieces. Custom pieces are made in France.

I ended up returning my PM freesia because after going countless times, I just gave up on it. I was wait-listed on the monogram PM and got it after 6-months BUT it was also made in USA. The shopping experience for it wasn't great from the SA either and felt content. I've only used it 3x and I've had it for 2+ years...