Is there a date code for vintage epi Neonoe and how to get rid of the smell inside the bag?

evelyn_132

O.G.
May 31, 2008
Bought this bag about 8-10 years ago from eBay. Cannot remember when I bought it already. Took it out as I organised my cupboard and I suddenly realise there is no date code for this bag. As you may have sensed, I seldom use this bag haha. Bought it for its beauty.

Is there a date code for this bag?
Also, is there a way to get rid of the odour inside the bag? Any remedy?

F65BEE06-FE5D-42FF-9EEF-B70881611084.jpeg

Reactions: Roie55
Bought this bag about 8-10 years ago from eBay. Cannot remember when I bought it already. Took it out as I organised my cupboard and I suddenly realise there is no date code for this bag. As you may have sensed, I seldom use this bag haha. Bought it for its beauty.

View attachment 4842560

The date code is located on the inside of one of the straps close to the bag. I usually use laundry drying sheets to freshen up the scent, after a couple of days stuffed with some it’s much better.
You should try and use this bag, it’s pretty and looks to be in good condition. I have a black one from 1995 :heart:

Reactions: evelyn_132
The date code is located on the inside of one of the straps close to the bag. I usually use laundry drying sheets to freshen up the scent, after a couple of days stuffed with some it’s much better.
You should try and use this bag, it’s pretty and looks to be in good condition. I have a black one from 1995 :heart:

Thanks! I saw the code already but I think it is very very faint as some parts seem to have worn off. Not sure if it’s like this when I bought it then. Hope that the code is legit and I was not scammed back then. Haha!

View attachment 4842560
Hello- you can try using baking soda. I had to remove a smell in an Hermes I purchased prevloved last year. I put the baking soda in a small mixing bowl and placed it inside the bag and left the bag open. I let it air out for about a week to be sure and it no longer had a smell. For mildew type smells you'll likely have to clean the inside and outside of the bag first with a water & alcohol mixture, careful not to drench the bag. Let your bag dry and see if that helps with the smell. Here are some links that might help. Always test a small spot first to make sure you bag doesn't have any negative reactions. The water & alcohol mixture is referenced in the first link below. Hopefully, these links help! Good luck :smile:

1603641488178.png

Reactions: MeepMeep67
I have an Epi petite noe from 1988, bought preloved. The lining is not attached to the inside of the bag, so I pulled it up and wiped it with a water/vinegar solution And let it dry. It seemed to work well but the odor was minimal. You should use it, it had become one of my favorite bags!

Reactions: MeepMeep67