Is there a color code in the creed? Or anywhere?

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I have been desperately seeking a Bleecker Large Flap bag in rust for my mother. I own one which I have tried to give to her, but she refuses to take it. So I have been looking around for one, but often the color listed is "brown" when it is clearly either a British Tan or Rust, but from the photos it is impossible to tell. Is there any way I can discern with certainty what color the bag is if the seller isn't clear?

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
its a pretty good difference from british tan which is like a natural doe light brown kind of color versus rust which is a vibrant orangey like color

do you have pics we can see? maybe we can help determine..

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
first one is british tan that was moisturized too much so it got dried out and that makes it lighter..(having done that first hand i can tell you that)

the second one is wine, not rust

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
Thanks. Like I said, neither seemed identical to mine, although I was hoping that the photos were just dark on the second. I will have to keep looking. I appreciate your input, otherwise I might have made a costly mistake based on hope!

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
no problem! its hard to tell sometimes once the color has aged since it gets darker (usually) the more its worn

if you see another one and want a second opinion you can always PM me or bump this thread. :biggrin:

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
My mother adores one of my Coach bags and will not accept it when I try to give it to her, so I have been scouring *bay for it. I have found a bag with an identical number on the creed, although it appears slightly lighter than my bag. If the seller doesn't know, is there any way to verify the color of the bag? British tan can be difficult to tell from rust in photos.

This is the auction I am looking at. The first four photos look like it might be a rust colored bag, but the rest make it appear lighter. Advice?

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Dallas
I think the first set of numbers in the creed designate the month/year and place where the bag was made. I have this bag in British Tan and I agree the auction looks like the British Tan. In my experience "Whiskey" is used interchangeably with British Tan on these bags. There was a rust color but it was much darker and redder than the auction pics.

GL, it's a gorgeous bag!

LIblue

Dona Nobis Pacem
Mar 29, 2007
I notice that the seller has a 2006 Legacy Ali. THAT bag color is called whiskey. This Bleeker bag color is the British tan. Sometimes lighting and flashes can make the color look slightly different. I have shopped with this seller and she is a doll. She will definitely talk to you about the bag before you buy it.

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I saw that listing. Whiskey is not the color. It came in British Tan, Coal & Wine, according to the catalogue in front of me. I can't remember if they added some more colors to that bag or not.

I saw that listing. Whiskey is not the color. It came in British Tan, Coal & Wine, according to the catalogue in front of me. I can't remember if they added some more colors to that bag or not.
NSP is correct, it IS Brit. Tan. the later made bags looked a bit different, had a flap w/ 2 pockets underneath and brought out a "TAN" color, not to be confused with Buckskin.

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
Thanks, everyone. Unfortunately, I figured it was British Tan; most of the Bleecker Large Flap bags for auction are. I know the bag was also made in ink and bottle green and black of course, but rust is the color on mine, and is the color I am looking for. Given that the bags are now 3 years old, it is unlikely I will ever find one!