Is the wooden Hermès pillbox a "regular" item?

Oct 22, 2016
Planet Earth
Hi!

So I'm looking for some pillboxes currently, and between quite a few vintage silver Hermès pillboxes, mostly made in the UK, I found a wooden one - that appears to be more of a contemporary release. There seems to be a darker and a lighter one (color). I like both of them.

Just for reference: https://poshmark.com/listing/Hermes-pillbox-5a9462be5512fdf2ed3bc438

Does anyone know if this is a regular item, that "pops up" from time to time online and/or can be ordered through the boutique?

Or was/is it a one off/ or some kind of VIC/VIP gift? (The latter being hard to imagine.)

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Oliver

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!
Oct 22, 2016
Planet Earth
What a great thread, informative & highlighting the generosity found on tPF, thank you for sharing! :smile: :flowers:

Sad to hear that these might open up/ have no positive stop in both directions. :sad:

Kind regards,
Oliver

Reactions: papertiger
Apr 15, 2007
As we all know H does many many wonderful objects, some more functional than others.
When H gets it "right" nobody does it better.
For whatever the reason, this pillbox did not perform well & H did not go any further with making others.
I do remember seeing some vintage silver round small boxes that probably could be used for pills.
There are some really pill boxes from Tiffany, VCA, Gucci..
I think Tom Ford did one in a bullet shape with 3 different finishes ( gold, silver & hematite)
Happy Hunting, Oliver.... you'll come up with something tasteful & useful

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer

Rouge H

Land of Good and Plenty
May 4, 2013
Location, Location, Location
So very true, mine the bottom wouldn’t stay latched making it unreliable. Also it tarnished so quickly that was a setback as well. I decided to search antique stores and found a lovely one that I enjoy much better than the Kelly.

Let us know what you find Oliver.

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer