Is the Vernis Alma outdated? Do you still rock your Alma?

Redheels

Oct 5, 2014
Let me preface this by saying, I love the Alma and think that it's design is beautiful and classic. I have wanted a Vernis Alma for many years now, but somehow have always put it off in favor of something else.

Now I am finally ready to commit to getting my Vernis Alma but it seems that I left it too long.
With the way fashion has evolved, there are lots of new bags now. LV themselves, have created lots of new designs like the Soft Lockit, Capucines, Pallas and so many more. It seems no one is toting their Vernis Alma's anymore. The other day, I saw a lady at the mall with a pomme Alma, and it looked, I'm sorry to say, outdated to me.

In the past, I would watch TV shows and see my fav stars toting Vernis Alma's. Now everyone seems to own a Birkin and no one is giving the Vernis Alma any airtime.

Do you think the Vernis Alma is outdated? Do you still rock your Vernis Alma? I would like to hear your opinions because I do love the Alma and still would love to get one.

Let me preface this by saying, I love the Alma and think that it's design is beautiful and classic. I have wanted a Vernis Alma for many years now, but somehow have always put it off in favor of something else.

Now I am finally ready to commit to getting my Vernis Alma but it seems that I left it too long.
With the way fashion has evolved, there are lots of new bags now. LV themselves, have created lots of new designs like the Soft Lockit, Capucines, Pallas and so many more. It seems no one is toting their Vernis Alma's anymore. The other day, I saw a lady at the mall with a pomme Alma, and it looked, I'm sorry to say, outdated to me.

In the past, I would watch TV shows and see my fav stars toting Vernis Alma's. Now everyone seems to own a Birkin and no one is giving the Vernis Alma any airtime.

Do you think the Vernis Alma is outdated? Do you still rock your Vernis Alma? I would like to hear your opinions because I do love the Alma and still would love to get one.

I don't think the vernis alma is outdated..I have the rouge fauviste and amarante in pm and the pomme in bb....i do see a lot of reveals here for vernis Alma's and there is a lot of info in the alma thread in the clubhouse...

The vernis alma is beautiful I find the bb with the strap to still be "very in". The pm is very classic and still goes with everything :biggrin: post pictures when you get it!

I love alma bb...... but worry it might look too cute when I reach 50+++ years old.... I love the pop colour though. PM is a good size but I am not a handheld person, and with a strap it just looks too bulky. Epi leather has more modern look in my opinion. Good Luck on your decision, you may like to try on epi, I was tempting to get alma bb vernis at first but I started to like epi more, more casual and modern look, I will wear it more often.

My Alma is not in Vernis but in Epi. Having said that, every time I see an Alma in Vernis, I think it is beautiful and not outdated at all. If you love it, get it!

My best advice would be to buy what you like and leave the rest behind you. No one is going to wear this bag but you. Would you buy a bag that was the most uncomfortable bag you've ever carried but everyone else thought the bag was "THE IT" bag? No, that would be a waste of money.

Having said that, I used to own two vernis Alma but have decided to part with them on the grounds that I tend to sway towards my Chanel flaps more for evening wear. The vernis is too flashy for day wear (for me at least). So with two non-moving Alma bags sitting in my closet, taking up space, selling them was the right choice IMHO. But I would not say I sold them because they were outdated. They were simply just not used (ever).

I don't personally think they are outdated all together, but I do agree that some colors are a little outdated looking for me. Pomme being one of them. I also don't really like the alma is the larger size lately, I still think it looks great in the PM and BB sizes.

Vernis Almas are so pretty! I would choose my color carefully though. Do you need a pop of color or do you need something more muted based on the rest of your wardrobe?