Is the TWISTED TOTE out yet??

nypersonalshopper

Purse Shopper/Addict
Jul 15, 2006
I saw the hobo at Bergdorf Goodman. It was on the small/medium size. I liked the tote or the smaller flap much better and I like hobo style bags.

sndypchez

O.G.
Apr 14, 2009
OMG..i think a red bag i saw in ITALY last month was the twisted HOBO....been trying to figure out what bag it was!LOL!..if it is...Its mine!!!!
Anyone seen the Hobo out in stores?
YES! I saw it at the SF NM's today! There was a red and a black.

sndypchez

O.G.
Apr 14, 2009
^U saw the hobo or the tote???what did u think????
I saw the red tote but I think I remember seeing the hobo too in black?

I know a lot of people on this thread complained the materials is too plasticky looking/feeling, but honestly, when I saw that cream tote pic someone posted in another thread, I thought it was uber cute! I didn't try the red on or anything when I saw it because I was in a hurry to pick up my goods and go but I think it's really cute! The straps do seem kind of short and it might possibly be uncomfy unless maybe you have a petite frame

If you have questions and need an SA from the SF location, let me know! Michoux (pronounced Me-Shoo) was super helpful and she gave me her cell number for any questions

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
The city that never sleeps!
I saw both the hobo and tote at BG today, and I really wasn't a fan. An older woman was trying on the hobo and it looked cute on her, so that's why I went over to the shelf to check it out. The leather had a very cheap, pleather-y/plastic-y feeling, IMHO... the styles are cute, but I really couldn't get past that.

Longchamp

O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Lost and found
Hi Jill, I didn't forget about you. I only have lookbook pix and I know you want to see the real thing, but the SA I deal w/ doesn't have one yet, sorry. But I saw it at the trunk show and think you would like the hobo more than the tote. But it's not that large. And I think you like large bags.

I can't see you w/ the tote, you have too much panache for that. IMO you have too much style for any bag from this line.

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
In all honesty.....I cant wear ANY of my flaps with the baby anymore(he is a maniac!LMAO!)..I live in my LV SC BAG And my LV totally MM.I kinda want a NON lambskin chanel bag to beat up!!LOL!
I think this is a good choice for mommy bag....BUT im going back and forth on the hobo VS the tote.My SA thinks i would like the tote MORE..sigh..DECISIONS!

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
here r measuremts..Hobo IS BIGGER??HUH?

Measurements:
Hobo...41cm x 31cm x 11cm
Tote...35cm x 30cm x 15cm

minnie04

IG minnie0104
O.G.
Aug 4, 2006
USA
i personally think the reissue tote or even gst is maybe better than this.. this has pretty short shoulder strap and like everybody said, the material is not too good.. or if you still can get the old portobello, its a lot nicer. i think NM chicago, sabrina still sending portobello pic fr last year. she might have in stock.

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
^ I have BOTH the older portobello AND the bronze reissue tote!!LOL!
My portobello is tweed top so winter use only for me.Reissue tote always DUMPS out in my car (No zipper)and isnt quite big enough for all my stuff and the baby's.

I havent seen this bag IRL....i may have to take a trip to Short Hills

sndypchez

O.G.
Apr 14, 2009
^ I have BOTH the older portobello AND the bronze reissue tote!!LOL!
My portobello is tweed top so winter use only for me.Reissue tote always DUMPS out in my car (No zipper)and isnt quite big enough for all my stuff and the baby's.

I havent seen this bag IRL....i may have to take a trip to Short Hills
If you're looking for a bag to put your life in + the baby's, I don't think this one will do..I didn't think it was that big in size when I saw it

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
^The baby is a toddler now so I dont have to carry a ton.I like to carry extra wipes,a sippy cup(IN a ziplock!LOL!) and a small toy.

sndypchez

O.G.
Apr 14, 2009
^The baby is a toddler now so I dont have to carry a ton.I like to carry extra wipes,a sippy cup(IN a ziplock!LOL!) and a small toy.
Oooh!! Hahaha ok! I was trying to imagine stuffing diapers and all that in that bag and I was like..umm i don't think everything will fit!!