Is the St Louis really reversible?

hermesgeek

May 3, 2020
Hello loves,

I’ve read in one of the purseblog entries that the St. Louis is reversible. I know the Anjou is but the St Louis is news to me. I just want to check in with fellow goyard lovers if this is true or if anyone has done it here? To be honest, I love the look of white canvas with leather piping (the reversed look) but I think I’m too scared to damage it if it weren’t meant to be used that way. I have a few St. Louis totes that I’ve been using the past few years and it never occurred to me that it could be reversed until I read the blog about it. Would love to hear your thoughts! Thank you!

XOXO,
HermèsGeek

Hello loves,

I’ve read in one of the purseblog entries that the St. Louis is reversible. I know the Anjou is but the St Louis is news to me. I just want to check in with fellow goyard lovers if this is true or if anyone has done it here? To be honest, I love the look of white canvas with leather piping (the reversed look) but I think I’m too scared to damage it if it weren’t meant to be used that way. I have a few St. Louis totes that I’ve been using the past few years and it never occurred to me that it could be reversed until I read the blog about it. Would love to hear your thoughts! Thank you!

XOXO,
HermèsGeek
This is from the Goyard website:
3E55DFC0-4C38-4843-A070-3D3B3CCB063F.jpeg249F816C-8800-4CEF-8D53-99B0E61C75AA.jpeg

Aesthetically speaking, I think the Claire Voie styles with the jewel-toned canvas lining work better in reverse than the original natural, the colors look more intentional. I had always heard the St. Louis is technically designed to be reversible, as @c18027 pointed out, but to me it would look accidental, like wearing your shirt inside out. Plus, I personally would never be able to keep that white canvas clean!

Reactions: c18027