Is the Spy a classic?

i think the spy bag is right now in the process of proving its ability to be a classic :yes:

i have 2 and i dont care if its trendy tho and ill carry it next winter in LA and NY, and i use them everyday now :yahoo:

It's really interesting to read all the comments in those links - thanks pavlovakitty.

I noticed they were posted about a year ago so it's interesting to know what people think now.

I believe it's beginning to sway towards the classic now...less celebrity hype but still very popular. The Fendi forum always seems to have more posts regarding the Spy than say the BBag which is the newer Fendi bag.

I think it could well be a classic one day...just not quite yet.

When it first came out, I never thought I would like Fendi Spy because I rate it as trendy than classic. Now, after it's been out for couple of years, I suddenly feel this bag is so classic and fantastic, just like some of the LV classic style. Now, I definitely think spy is more classic than trendy.

I posted that it's a classic over a year ago ... until now, the spy still has a following. It may no longer be an 'It' bag but it can still hold its own against the new styles coming out.

Yes, I tend to agree with above. I'm kinda glad it's not so much of an "it" bag anymore. It is just a beautiful bag. No other bag I have seen has leather that even approaches the lusciousness of spy leather, and you can tell that they are well-made just from looking at them. The pleating, weaving on the handles, etc, gets me every time!

They seem to be coming up with new models every year. Some which take off and some that don't. They still sell the baguettes at the NY store, some for over $2000.
I agree with it's in the process of becoming a classic